Railroads of America

Monkey Archive Forums/Monkey Projects/Railroads of America

Raul(Posted 2013) [#1]
Hello all,

Just wanted to show you a teaser image of my newest game which will be soon available for iPads and Android tablets.

Main Menu:

Level selection screen:

Aymes(Posted 2013) [#2]
graphics look awesome - what kind of game is it?

Raul(Posted 2013) [#3]
Some kind of Time Management. I will post some levels screens as soon as I will finish them. Right now I have all the graphics. I just need to build levels..

Why0Why(Posted 2013) [#4]
Looks nice. I spent many hours playing Sid Meir's Railroads back in the day.

Raul(Posted 2013) [#5]
@Why0Why:
Yeah, nice game that one. Unfortunately this one is not like that.

I started this project 2 weeks ago and I was limited in time and money. But maybe, some day I will make something good enough to be compared with Sid Meier's games..

GfK(Posted 2013) [#6]
Looks great, but I have to say that I'd change the name. It just doesn't sound right. It sounds more like a book written by someone who has a penchant for sitting at the ends of railway platforms, weak lemon drink and potted meat sandwiches.

Railroads of America would be better, but just marginally

Locomotion would have been great, but it seems Chris Sawyer beat you to that one.

[edit]

*ahem!*

http://www.amazon.com/books/dp/0681460644 - A celebration of 150 years of railroading!

Raul(Posted 2013) [#7]
hmm. I see. Well I am planning to 'finish' the leves these days. Monday when my artist will come to work I will change the name.

Raul(Posted 2013) [#8]
here are new screens. the game will be submitted to app store in the next 24 hours:

AdamRedwoods(Posted 2013) [#9]
looks great!

Raul(Posted 2013) [#10]
thanks. hope others will appreciate and buy it :D

Raul(Posted 2013) [#11]
Well, the game is out on iOS here:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/railroads-of-america/id670190261?mt=8

If any of you wants some promotional codes just leave here some replies.

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2013) [#12]
I would drop the tile look, I can understand why your doing it like that with the gameplay and all, but I would drop the appearance of the game being made up with tiles, and have a nice desert floor to place your tracks over.

You have this really cool art style for all your menus and the rest of the game and I think its all let down a little by those tiles.

Why0Why(Posted 2013) [#13]
Raul, I would like a code. Looks fun to me!

MikeHart(Posted 2013) [#14]
Congrats for the release. I love how you have captured the board game style with the design of the tiles. Is an Amazon version coming? Would love to play it on my Kindle Fire.

Xaron(Posted 2013) [#15]
Hey cool! Would love to get a code! :)

Shinkiro1(Posted 2013) [#16]
Looks really nice with these time constraints.

I would be interested how many units you sell when you price your game higher than normal(0.99).
Would be great if you could keep us up to date.

Raul(Posted 2013) [#17]
@Taiphoz:
The whole game design was started from these tiles, so I cannot change this.

@MikeHart: I don't know if Amazon is in plan. I sell the game throug the company of a friend of mine. Android version will be available in a few weeks. Is that enough for you? I do not know how Amazon works.

@Shinkiro1: I will share the sales with you. First update will be in 7 days.

@Why0Why and @Xaron.
I will have some codes tommorow morning and I will email you.

Tri|Ga|De(Posted 2013) [#18]
Okay I bought it.
We should support our fellow developers!

MikeHart(Posted 2013) [#19]
@raul: if it isn't in the amazon market, then i can not get it. the kindle by default can not access google play.

Raul(Posted 2013) [#20]
@Tri|Ga|De: thank you man!

@MikeHart: I see. Well, I cannot promise anything..

Raul(Posted 2013) [#21]
Promo Codes sent.

Raul(Posted 2013) [#22]
And here it's a gameplay trailer:

http://youtu.be/z0HUTVhc2HM

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2013) [#23]
Raul I didn't mean remove the tile's , just meant you could change the art style of the tile's so they look more natural on the game area and not so tile like.

its an art change not a code change, so only an aesthetic thing.

but that aside looks cool.

Why0Why(Posted 2013) [#24]
Nice trailer! I didn't realize my son had my iPad at his Mom's house so I haven't been able to play yet. I am looking forward to playing it this weekend.

therevills(Posted 2013) [#25]
Congrats on the release :)

I do agree with Taiphoz, that the "grid" looks a bit too much on the main screen.

Raul(Posted 2013) [#26]
@therevills and @Taiphoz: I understand now what did you mean.

Gerry Quinn(Posted 2013) [#27]
You could always have a second version of the tiles with a subtle or non-existent grid and let the player choose. In a lot of games like Civ you can switch the grid on and off.

I am not sure if this kind of thing makes much difference to someone who enjoys the gameplay enough to buy the game, though.

Why0Why(Posted 2013) [#28]
Just a differing viewpoint, but I like the tiles. When you are planning out it makes it easy to see what you need. I played a similar game a long time ago on iPhone but it was completing an oil pipeline and I really enjoyed it. Played it a lot more than most games. It would be OK to smooth it out some but I do like the effect.

Raul(Posted 2013) [#29]
Yeah, but could be a nice feature to be added in the main menu.

For now I am working at 2 new projects so the next update will be later. I am waiting for more feedbacks..