Swerve! Our upcoming game..

Monkey Archive Forums/Monkey Projects/Swerve! Our upcoming game..

silentshark(Posted 2013) [#1]
Here's the teaser video for our upcoming game, Swerve! All 100% Monkey goodness..

It's the usual mix of me and my sons who pulled this together, and (this time round) not a zombie in sight!

Also posted on our Facebook Page, https://www.facebook.com/SilentsharkGames

Cheers all!

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2013) [#2]
silentshark there is bbcode on the forum for embedding youtube. you should use it , saves us having to click the link.

youtube AfAUo4_kxz8
Surround the above with a [ and a ]

silentshark(Posted 2013) [#3]
@Taiphoz - aha! live and learn! Many thanks for the pointer.. Should be fixed now.

muddy_shoes(Posted 2013) [#4]
The video doesn't clue me in on the gameplay but the idea of a driving puzzle game is intriguing. Can you explain a bit about how it plays?

What are you using for video production, by the way?

Supertino(Posted 2013) [#5]
As with muddy the video didn't really explain where the puzzle element was, video production though was top notch. Some nice in-game lighting effects too, I assume they were in game and not post production.

Raul(Posted 2013) [#6]
you should also work a little more at the graphics, but seems to be a promising tile.

keep it work!

silentshark(Posted 2013) [#7]
The "puzzle" element is probably over-egging things.. The basic premise is that you're in a car with the gas stuck on full, and no brakes. Hence it's title "Swerve!", 'cos that's all you can do :-) Left and Right are the only options.

My lad did all the video production, so he will be pleased to hear the kind words. Yes the lighting/ cloud/ weather fx are all in the game. There's some slight tinting round the edges in the video, but I think that's it. I don't know what he used for the video production, but I'll find out.

Thanks for the feedback - we hope people will have as much fun playing it as we have had making it!

Why0Why(Posted 2013) [#8]
I agree with the great video production and the game looks fun. I like the headlight effect.

Would you be willing to share how your games have done for you?

silentshark(Posted 2013) [#9]
Cheers, Why0Why. In terms of our games - all our free simple things. We launched our first one on google play about year ago, added a second in late summer, and a third (variant) in December. We also used some other appstores.

By March 2013, we had had over 100,000 downloads. I suspect we have had about 140,000 downloads by now. But these are small numbers for free downloads, in truth.

Why0Why(Posted 2013) [#10]
Do you plan on charging for future releases or is this just a hobby?

silentshark(Posted 2013) [#11]
It's a hobby, although my sons seem to think it's more, hence the words on our facebook page :-)

I think we need to produce better games in order to charge.

But never say never, who knows what the future could bring? I still believe the whole mobile revolution and success of "casual" gaming has opened up all sorts of possibilities. Just look at Si Read and his New Star Soccer success story.

And you?

Why0Why(Posted 2013) [#12]
I am fortunate to have a day job that I love and that pays very well. It is a hobby for me. I have never finished anything, but lately I have definitely improved my skills and I am working on a game that I think would sell well. Hopefully, I will get it finished, even if it doesn't sell. I have set for myself the goal of releasing a game just for personal satisfaction.