Perry Penguin - testers needed (Android)

Monkey Archive Forums/Monkey Projects/Perry Penguin - testers needed (Android)

Supertino(Posted 2013) [#1]
Hi Guys

Perry is almost ready to be let out, but I need it tested on some older devices. My Nexus7 and S3mini maintains 60FPS but I'd like to see what old phones/tabs running 2.3 and 3.x get, not that I think for one moment they'll rock 60FPS.

You can grab the .apk here [REMOVED]

I am aware of sound issues, I've been tearing my hair out try to get it to perform consistently, so you might find button and menu sounds stop working from time to time, I am going to strip out all audio code and redo it.

I have thrown in a few random puzzles but don't consider those final, also the music is place holder.

General critique and suggestions is also welcome.

secondgear(Posted 2013) [#2]
Running quite smooth on my HTC Nexus One (Android ver. 2.3.6):
level list: 45 fps
puzzles: 47-50 fps
about screen and "meet perry" intro: 60 fps
Didn't notice any sound problems.

Amon(Posted 2013) [#3]
Just tested on a Samsung Galaxy S3/S4 and it works nice. No sound issues as far as I noticed.

Also tested on an ancient Sony XPERIA MIRO, single core phone (android 4.1) and it works smoothly and no sound issues as of yet.

degac(Posted 2013) [#4]
Hi

tested on my LG Optimus One...

FPS 45-54
No issues in sound and it plays very well.

Nice presentation (tutorial) and nice game.
Like the 'basic' interface (exit,redo...) buttons

Supertino(Posted 2013) [#5]
Thanks for taking the time to try it out guys, the clarify the sound issue is the occasional button sound not working a 50/50 chance the music (which is loaded as a sound) on the menu scree playing after exiting a Level. I think I have tracked down the issue though, only happens on Android which is a pain as I have to sync a 5mb file each time to test.

Does the game when running below 60FPS appear jerky? I tween everything so it should sort it's self out, just wondering if I should take a hit on smoothness and cap the refresh to 30 rather then 60?