Mined-Out!

Monkey Archive Forums/Monkey Projects/Mined-Out!

caffeinekid(Posted 2013) [#1]
My May game for onegameamonth is out.

Gameplay video on YouTube

TCKSOFT Retro Series #5 - Mined-Out!

Original game created by Ian Andrew – www.OriginalGames.com

Have you ever played Minesweeper? I'm sure you have. What you probably didn't know is that it has a granddad, and that granddad is called Mined-Out!, and was originally released way back in 1983 when Windows 1.0 was still just a twinkle in Bill Gate's eye.

Bill the worm is trapped at the end of a series of increasingly troublesome mine fields, and you need to navigate your way to him before he dies of old age. He has been waiting for 30 years for you already, so you better get a move on or he will be a goner for sure!

Finally finished this at 3:30am this morning after thinking I wouldn't get it done before June (well I almost managed it!).

I think it plays really nicely, and much prefer the game to Mine Sweeper as you are actually in the mine fields rather than prodding at them from somewhere up in the sky. ;)

MINED-OUT! ON GOOGLE PLAY

Supertino(Posted 2013) [#2]
I remade this game and didn't know it with my JimmyMines games using Blitz [https://sites.google.com/site/coffeedotbean/jimmy-mines

Looks like a solid conversion, not my kinda things though my eyes ain't so good.

caffeinekid(Posted 2013) [#3]
You know what they say "there are no new ideas under the sun" :)

There are a lot worse games you could have accidentally remade, it's a classic. :D

garyk1968(Posted 2013) [#4]
Loving the ZX Spectrum fonts!

caffeinekid(Posted 2013) [#5]
Thanks Gary. The Speccy was/is a great machine with a lot of fantastic games. :)

garyk1968(Posted 2013) [#6]
Hey ck, I'm a newbie how do you create fonts like that, is it from a bitmap?

caffeinekid(Posted 2013) [#7]
Yeah it's basically just a cut up image and you parse a string and draw the letters one by one. Simple but effective :)