jewel drops

Monkey Archive Forums/Monkey Projects/jewel drops

dave.h(Posted 2013) [#1]
just a simple match 3 type game.hope you like will put a flash demo soon and maybe see if i can figure out how to deploy it to ios.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gcjeweldrops&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwyLDEsImNvbS5nY2pld2VsZHJvcHMiXQ..

Xaron(Posted 2013) [#2]
I like it, it's quite nice. The effects are a bit too extreme for my taste but overall, well done! :)

dave.h(Posted 2013) [#3]
thanks for the feedback.As for the effects i was really just trying to see how many things i could throw around the screen using a particle emitter module i created on a low end android smartphone.Turns out its loads.Monkey really is very impressive.

Supertino(Posted 2013) [#4]
A little stretched and blurry on my nexus 7 (not overly so but noticeable), Like Xaron I thought it went a little over the top with explosions and particle effects - other than its a free match 3 game and it's made with Monkey so thumbs ups.

Raz(Posted 2013) [#5]
Works fine on my HTC One X, no sign of any slowdown!

A couple of things, each time you go to the options menu, the music volume resets itself and I found the first level that introduces the unmoveable blocks a bit unfair. In as much as, the random placement of them made it impossible for me to match anything around them, regardless of how many times I shuffled the play area.

That all said, a nice twist on the match 3 idea! To start with I was sceptical about being able to move each block wherever, but it does actually work well.

dave.h(Posted 2013) [#6]
Yeah i reset the volume and effects to midway when i go to that menu.Will definitely change that.Did you try using the block bonus button to remove the blocks as you should have a few of them by the time you got to that level.
I have actually updated the game as i found a couple of bugs myself.Sometimes it doesnt save correctly if you move from the campaign mode to highscore challenge.Will be putting this version in soon.

richb(Posted 2013) [#7]
really enjoyed playing that. I find it hard to beat the levels with blocks without using the block bonus but then again I suck at any match three games so that's probably just me. either way really good game.