Fruit Crush Island

Monkey Archive Forums/Monkey Projects/Fruit Crush Island

Trebmint(Posted 2013) [#1]
After some weeks of work I thought Id show my first game in Monkey Fruit Crush Island. Its a match 3 with some novelty... Think its going okay. Oh and found Spriter and therevills importer. Wow I love that!

Take a look at the gameplay sample www.dreaddonkey.com/test/fruit.html

Cheers rob

c.k.(Posted 2013) [#2]
Wow! Nice job!

Tri|Ga|De(Posted 2013) [#3]
Nice game.

Landon(Posted 2013) [#4]
Hot chick and bananas, what more could you ask for?

Nobuyuki(Posted 2013) [#5]
>Hot chick and bananas, what more could you ask for?

a large Coke

benmc(Posted 2013) [#6]
Very nice graphics, lots of animation. Wish I were better at doing that kind of thing. There appears to be other games with the same name out there already. Also, it may just be for the purpose of development, but the hint pops up really quickly. Hopefully that slows down when the game goes live, or is an option of some kind.

therevills(Posted 2013) [#7]
Spriter and therevills importer

Glad people are using it and finding it useful :)

Trebmint(Posted 2013) [#8]
Yes the hint pops up quickly, but it will slow down a few seconds in the game. The idea is that the level is against the clock so being given a hint will result in the straw spurting out liquid and the glass emptying slightly. Hopefully tweakable to be the right side of fun and challenging.

Yeah there's two games called fruit crush but I'm adding island as well. I'd hoped by adding two popular words like fruit and crush would work in searches. I have no idea though.

And actually mainly coder art at the moment. My art guy isn't too impressed with my animation haha. And therevills the spriter Importer is great.

Glad people seem to like it so far. Now all I have to do is finish it. Wish there was a simple way to put IAP in and that I had a Mac so I could develop it for iPad not just android

muddy_shoes(Posted 2013) [#9]
Call me a prude but I'm going to vote nay on the bikini model. It feels a bit odd to me.

Even ignoring the gender politics as a marketing call it seems wrong. A lot of women play these sorts of things. A group of female friends (or mixed company) in beachwear having fun at the bar you're mixing drinks for might seem appropriate and even aspirational, what you have doesn't. With just one woman kind of gawking out and swaying awkwardly it feels very much like decoration for the player's titillation.

It's not enormously offensive or anything but I'd definitely think again about what you want the scene to portray.

Trebmint(Posted 2013) [#10]
haha I can see your point muddy_shoes. Perhaps a little more modesty, and yes I guess the target audience is probably 99.8% female. That character was more a test for me of using the Spriter editor which I'd only first seen on saturday. Im a coder so my art is not quite spot on. My artist friend will sort it out

I think we plan to have a hula girl, skater dudes, a panda, penguins ect. Though the shocking news is the Panda will be competely naked!

Landon(Posted 2013) [#11]
Make it an incredibly obese fat chick in a bikini!!

>Hot chick and bananas, what more could you ask for?

a large Coke