Tower Defense

Monkey Archive Forums/Monkey Projects/Tower Defense

Landon(Posted 2013) [#1]
Hey all, been working on a nameless Tower Defense game using the Fantom Engine. Got 3 tower types so far, Turret Tower, Lightning Tower and Ooze Tower.

benmc(Posted 2013) [#2]
Looks fun, based on the screen size, are you initially targeting Flash and HTML5?

Landon(Posted 2013) [#3]
flash and html5

i'll probably make an android version later once it's polished off

Landon(Posted 2013) [#4]
*GASP* what have i done, the volcano tower is too powerful..!! bah.. it only does 1 damage, but the fact that it adds a layer every time it hits, and the enemies are constantly being damaged by it while they move through it.. argh its too strong. I gotta figure out a way to tone the damage down.

MikeHart(Posted 2013) [#5]
I am looking forward to play the game. Love the td genre.

therevills(Posted 2013) [#6]
Cool!

I did a small TD for the Monkey Touch Community Project:
http://www.monkeycoder.co.nz/Community/topics.php?forum=1191&app_id=191

Feel free to rip the code for any helpfulness:
http://code.google.com/p/monkey-touch/source/browse/trunk/game8.monkey

MikeHart(Posted 2013) [#7]
Landon, if you need any help with the graphics, I would love to help you there. And that doesn't mean that your current ones are bad. Not at all. I just wanna build up my portfolio in that direction.

Landon(Posted 2013) [#8]
yea i plan on redoing the map tiles, they are just some old tiles i had from an old rpg game.

Landon(Posted 2013) [#9]
@therevills

I could have sworn i've seen that tower defense game before, or at least the graphics.

Edit: derp i see on the credits, lost garden. I was tempted to use his.

Aww ya, homing missile towers now.

Landon(Posted 2013) [#10]
Got multiple waves coded in, now i just need to create some sort of xml file for each level that contains the data for each wave, which enemies to spawn how many, spawn rate etc etc.

MikeHart(Posted 2013) [#11]
The new font fits much better into the style of the game.

Landon(Posted 2013) [#12]
Thanks, ya it does.

Updated it, created new tileset for the map. Now you take damage from enemies that break through your defense, placing towers is more grid like. Menu highlights towers you can afford, better display of where you can and cannot place towers.