Pattern Drawing

Monkey Archive Forums/Monkey Projects/Pattern Drawing

Goodlookinguy(Posted 2013) [#1]
I was working when I realized that I could rotate this one vector while bobbing another one up and down; that they together make these neat, almost fractal like, drawings. Needless to say, I got very distracted and spent 2 hours making this. I'm sure it won't impress some people, but I love patterns and these kinds of things. So I wanted to share it.

The controls are on the page. As a last note, for your own safety, you probably shouldn't enable seizure mode.
http://nrgs.org/skyknitters/gdemos/vdraw/

Examples

Edit 3/21/2016 -- I should have compiled this for HTML5 since flash is deprecated...
Also, I found some pretty neat ones. Try them. I really liked these.

In-In-In
Length+ : 62
Angle+ 45
Randomization: Recommended 20~30 for neat effect

5-star version of the first example
Length+ : 62
Angle+ : 48
Randomization: If you go higher than 1, you get a sketched-out looking version. It's pretty cool.

Length+ at 62 with some given angle, has a tendency every few angle degrees to produce really cool results. For instance, angle at 40 or 36, will give you neat results as well.

Skn3(Posted 2013) [#2]
Nice :D

Tri|Ga|De(Posted 2013) [#3]
The keys does not work in Safari on OSX.
At least not for me.

Neuro(Posted 2013) [#4]
Keys do work for me on Safari on OSX Mountain Lion. Seizure mode got me nervous though.

Tri|Ga|De(Posted 2013) [#5]
Strange!
On a second try they worked for me to.

Beaker(Posted 2013) [#6]
It's flash so you have to click in the frame before keys will work.

Floyd(Posted 2013) [#7]
I thought keys weren't working at first. It turns out the + and - keys refer to the ones with _ and = on them, not the ones on the number pad.