Santa's Workshop for Droid released

Monkey Archive Forums/Monkey Projects/Santa's Workshop for Droid released

Supertino(Posted 2012) [#1]
Finally....

Lite: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=moarlasers.santasworkshoplite

Full: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=moarlasers.santasworkshop

Now just need to wait for Amazon to approve.

Big Thank you to everyone on the forums.

outsider(Posted 2012) [#2]
Really nice game :). I love these little games.

Unfortunately after exit( Home button), and start playing again, I can only hear the music, black screen, no response.

(Xperia mini pro sk17i, Android 4.0.4, Santa's Workshop Lite)

Supertino(Posted 2012) [#3]
@outsider - Thanks for the feedback, bit alarming it did not respond? I tested it on a Nexus 7 and HTC Desire (original) and various emulator configs.
I did not notice with the HTC it took a few seconds for it to come back from a suspend state showing a black screen. How long did you leave it until you force quit the app?

outsider(Posted 2012) [#4]
How long did you leave it until you force quit the app?

It was about 1 minute. Strange, but now after killing the application (third time) and restarting game everything is ok :)

Supertino(Posted 2012) [#5]
Ah well, kind of good news?

I used to reload all the images when coming out of suspended mode (I cache all images when the app starts from closed) but that took a good 10 seconds on HTC and 5 seconds or so on my Nexus 7 so I took that out and the app typical comes back within 2-3 seconds, trade off though is a bit of lag as it re-caches the images as you play.

Maybe I did all the image management stuff wrong?

Supertino(Posted 2012) [#6]
It's up on Amazon and SlideME now.

For those interested in the few days it's been out on Amazon and SlideME I have had over 200 downloads on SlideME (lite version), 1 download on Amazon (full version - lite version under review) and in the week it's been on Google just 9 downloads (Lite version).