How long does it take to get game onto google play

Monkey Archive Forums/Monkey Projects/How long does it take to get game onto google play

Supertino(Posted 2012) [#1]
I have done it again an put off making an xmas themed game until the last minute - I blitzed through the bulk of the game last week but I feel I still need a good 1-2 weeks to polish things up - get some graphics replaced (buttons) and so on.

I was wondering how long it takes for games to get onto Google play and other droid app stores such as Amazon. It will be a free game so I am not worried about getting sales but I would like to give a chance.

Sneak peek;

therevills(Posted 2012) [#2]
A matter of hours... no review process for the Google Play market, I dont know about Amazon.

Tri|Ga|De(Posted 2012) [#3]
I have a game on Amazon but I can't remember exactly how long it took, but you can make it before xmas.

Xaron(Posted 2012) [#4]
Amazon: 3-5 days
Google: Instantly, but it takes a few hours till the market app catches it up. It might help to clear your cache.

silentshark(Posted 2012) [#5]
Xaron's right regarding Amazon and Google

Other Android app stores

Slideme - a day or two
Appia - several days
Appslib - can't remember, a day or two
Mobango - 2 or 3 days

All seem much, much quicker than iTunes App Store :-)

You have plenty of time before Christmas!

Xaron(Posted 2012) [#6]
What's that? Never heard of these stores. Are they worth it?

One definitely worth it is AndroidPit

Supertino(Posted 2012) [#7]
Thanks guys - I just registered a Google merchant account! Just spent half hour working out what data feeds were all about. Miss the good old days of wrapping my blitzbasic .exe using an installer and uploading to my website.

Xaron(Posted 2012) [#8]
Yes. But the good thing is you don't have to care about all that payment stuff.

Supertino(Posted 2012) [#9]
Well turns out I registered the wrong account - I needed to create a Developer console account not a merchant - developer console screen makes sense and it only cost me $25 :p

silentshark(Posted 2012) [#10]
@Xaron - your mileage may vary, but I've found the "alternative" app stores to be surprizingly good for generating downloads. Slideme, in particular, has generated over 3x the downloads I've got from Google Play, for both my apps.

I'll post some stats on the downloads I'm seeing across all these stores