Codename E. Our attempt in LD#24

Monkey Archive Forums/Monkey Projects/Codename E. Our attempt in LD#24

devolonter(Posted 2012) [#1]
We didn’t manage to complete the game on time. That’s why we’ve just finished and released it today. The result is:

Codename E
Program the robot's behavior. Guide him through all the obstacles to the exit. Collect all of the modules to extend its functionality.

How to play
In the command input window (> _) sequentially enter commands to move the robot. The list of available commands appears in the RTFM. All commands have the following form - AAX, AA where two-letter command, X parameter of the function (from 1 to 9. Typically, the number of tiles to move).

For example, to move the robot forward for 5 tiles, enter MF5. Need to type all the commands to complete a level. Limit - 15 commands.

We used:
Framework: Flixel for Monkey
Graphics editor: Inkscape
Level Editor: DAME
Sound editor: Bfxr
Music editor: GarageBand for iPad

After the competition the game has changed little. Bugs have been fixed, interface was finalized and sounds were added.

You can play flash-version of the game here - http://lab.devolonter.ru/games/ld24/codename-e.html

c.k.(Posted 2012) [#2]
Nice! Good graphics and cool UI. Reminds me of RoboRally. Maybe you could go ahead and make a clone of that game... :-)

devolonter(Posted 2012) [#3]
Thank you very much! I have never heard about this game, but I found some information about it. And, yeah, they have something in common. I'm going to order it, but I already like it. It seems we are going to make something similar to RoboRally :)

c.k.(Posted 2012) [#4]
RoboRally is a very cool and fun game. I'd be happy to come over and play it with you sometime! :D