Dust WIP

Monkey Archive Forums/Monkey Projects/Dust WIP

Yahfree(Posted 2012) [#1]
Hey, my friends and I have been working on and off on this game for a while called Dust. Let us know what you think.

WASD to move, click to fire.. Q-E to change weapon.. R to reload. G for god mode (you'll probably need it, as I equipped a bit too many enemies with grenades)

The game is eventually going to act as a bit of a creative platform for people to create mods for etc.. the engine behind the game is very portable, and fully scriptable with XML. We used the Diddy framework for many things(screen transitions, tile engine, etc) highly recommended!

http://www.aaronnech.com/Test/

therevills(Posted 2012) [#2]
Very very cool! Good job!

Samah(Posted 2012) [#3]
Looks kinda like my Left150Dead entry for Dabz's 150-line game competition, except yours looks way better. ;)

How are you finding the XML parser? I rewrote it at one point and got something like 1000000% performance improvement. An Android test app went from 12 seconds to under 100ms.

Yahfree(Posted 2012) [#4]
Everything in the framework is excellent. I think the only thing that was troublesome was animated tiles out of Tiled. (Still haven't gotten that to work, but haven't put a lot of effort into it)

I did notice the game loaded faster at some point. It doesn't actively read/write xml.. it loads everything at the start and that's it.

CGV(Posted 2012) [#5]
Thanks for assuming that everyone is right handed. :(

Yahfree(Posted 2012) [#6]
<3 :) the mobile version is much more friendly in that regard.