Tevada Trigger - a minimal arena polarity shooter

Monkey Archive Forums/Monkey Projects/Tevada Trigger - a minimal arena polarity shooter

Neuro(Posted 2012) [#1]
"Tevada" - Khmer for "Angel"

Hey folks, here's a little shooter game that i've been kinda working on and off with in the past couple months. Its basically a "minimalistic 360 degrees polarity arena wave shooter". The game is simple, you just shoot everything, grab the diamonds, get more points. No pattern or anything, just straight shooting. There are two types of enemies, Gold and Silver and you can switch your "bullet mode" between Gold and Silver.

Shooting the enemy with the matching bullet color will destroy it quicker, get higher points, and spawn a "diamond" to collect for more points. Collect 15 diamonds will yield an extra energy cell. Destroy all the enemies on screen before the timer is up will get you bonus points based on the time remaining. So shoot away and survive each wave as long as you can ! Use bombs when things get too hectic, but keep in mind you lose an energy per use.

Controls :
AWSD - Left, Up, Down, Right
Left Mouse Button - Shoot!
Right Mouse Button - Switch Bullet Color Mode between Gold and Silver
Space Bar - Bomb!

Download
(win) Teveda Trigger 1.2 beta - 4.4mb
(mac) Teveda Trigger 1.2 beta - 4.6mb
Taron Edition
(win) Tevada Trigger 1.2b Taron Edition - 6.3mb

Note : The first two waves are purposely easy to get the player prepared for the incoming chaos in the next few levels.

Thanks all!

Jesse(Posted 2012) [#2]
cool game! I love the controls and playability. I quite like it.

Neuro(Posted 2012) [#3]
Thanks, what Wave did you make it to?

Jesse(Posted 2012) [#4]
I didn't get far, I believe it was wave 5. I am on my Mac laptop so its not that easy to position fingers on the mouse trackpad and on the keys and shot at the same time But its response is a better than other games I have played with similar controls.

Neuro(Posted 2012) [#5]
Cool, i hope you were playing with the mouse and not the track pad :)!

I have a fully working iPad version also, just working on tightening up the controls and figuring out this Game Center thing before i put it on App Store.

Jesse(Posted 2012) [#6]
yea sorry I meant track pad.

Neuro(Posted 2012) [#7]
For anyone who's interested, Taron has done an immense amount of work on this that i feel it should even be mentioned here :). And believe it or not, he actually worked directly on the MonkeyMax exported code :)!

Tevada Trigger Taron Edition, is an incredible mod of the original game that features : updated graphic renderings, tweaked gameplay, sounds effects, and of course new the devastating new Ring Turret enemies! Noticed the difference between my older version :).

Download :
Tevada Trigger 1.2b Taron Edition (win) - 6.3mb

therevills(Posted 2012) [#8]
And believe it or not, he actually worked directly on the MonkeyMax exported code :)!

LOL! The translated code isnt too bad, is it? ;)

Neuro(Posted 2012) [#9]
Its actually quite nice! And we did ended up learning a whole lot by actually going through it and seeing how the Monkey code gets translated into BlitzMax. However, we were a bit surprised to see how the Switch/Case statements got translated into If/Else statements though :).

therevills(Posted 2012) [#10]
we were a bit surprised to see how the Switch/Case statements got translated into If/Else statements though :).

I think that's because some of the Monkey targets (Java/Android) couldnt do Switch/Case on Strings. In Java 7 you now can do Switch on Strings.

MikeHart(Posted 2012) [#11]
Wow. Difficult game but it performs great! Thank you for using fantomEngine for it!

Neuro(Posted 2012) [#12]
Yah it performs pretty well, and real easy to use too. If you noticed, it contains the DNA from the "Comet Crusher" game :).