Get The Hell Outta My Way!

Monkey Archive Forums/Monkey Projects/Get The Hell Outta My Way!

Neuro(Posted 2012) [#1]
"Get The Hell Outta My Way!" or GTHOMW! for short, is the working the title.

Ever had one of those day(s) where you're in a hurry and had to get somewhere as soon as possible? Of course, we all do. A couple weeks ago I was in the exact same situation (had to get to a work meeting) but couldn't since too many damm people in my way. The sheer frustration of it gave me the urge to just shove everyone out of the way like how we can do in games like GTA4 or Assassin's Creed, but of course real life is not a video game and common sense would take precedent over improper behavior :). This little incident (and the fact that i was also had Ludacis's song in my head the whole time :p ) inspired me to build a game about it :).

GTHOMW! is an experimental running game in which you have to get to your destination (whatever it may be) within a certain amount of time. The only issue is that you have to make your way through traffic and of course tons people in your way who have no sense of urgency :p. But in this game, not only do you have the typical unnatural superhuman ability to leap over vehicles, people, other obstacles, but you can also shove people out of the way or even jump on them. Running into people slows you down, while shoving can keep your momentum going (of course you can't shove everyone each time). Landing on people properly will let you roll and also keep your momentum. Or you can head onto the street to take on incoming vehicles while avoiding getting wiped out. Haven't quite decided if we can leap over buildings or not yet. And haven't decided on a scoring system yet. Thats the basic idea so far. Everything else still in progress.

Here's a quick screenie. Yep i know the street and sidewalk isn't quite done yet...missing the traffic lines. Objects aren't quite aligned yet. Still more to do...

slenkar(Posted 2012) [#2]
could be fun, but need demo

Neuro(Posted 2012) [#3]
Gotta fix a few things, but i'll try and get a public demo up sometimes this week.