My new logo, powered by Monkey

Monkey Archive Forums/Monkey Projects/My new logo, powered by Monkey

Cygnus(Posted 2012) [#1]
[double postage]

Cygnus(Posted 2012) [#2]
He blinks...

http://www.sturdygames.co.uk

Obviously the site's in progress (and isn't available to you yet) but I'm doing the whole thing in Monkey- Ed's eyes blink, look around, and then he gets tired and falls asleep.

Neat. Monkey, it would seem, could be my dev-everything tool!

Sorry, it is just a really small thing I'm showing off here, but it feels so much more polished, yet without the flash requirement.

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2012) [#3]
your bug guy looks like a dog's noes.. cool tho, you should make the eye's follow the mouse pointer.

benmc(Posted 2012) [#4]
Oh yeah - I didn't see the dog nose at first. I kinda like that :)

Gravity Ed looks interesting. Have you ever played "They Need to be Fed"? For a gravity platformer, that game really mastered the controls in my opinion. Very similar mechanic to your game.

I love the thought of an ongoing adventure-style gravity platformer like you appear to have setup. I imagined having a weapon and blasting my way through the terrain, creating even more gravity platform traps, and fighting off enemies. Can't wait to see what you do with it!

slenkar(Posted 2012) [#5]
nice, I think you can even do the javascript for a webpage in monkey

Cygnus(Posted 2012) [#6]
Not sure how I would do the website JS in monkey- When you build to html5, it spits out JS anyway, which is what the logo is doing :-) It's why I'm enjoying this.

I hadn't noticed the dog nose either! He's not final, there are some small tweaks to do yet :-)

Jesse(Posted 2012) [#7]
I don't know if it's just me but I get the wrong mental picture by looking at the image shape and reading the first word.

sorry, Not intentional.

Cygnus(Posted 2012) [#8]
Woah- What do you see? haha. I don't want to be giving bad mental images!