Challenger Ball

Monkey Archive Forums/Monkey Projects/Challenger Ball

chrisc2977(Posted 2012) [#1]
http://www.challenger-arts.com/android-games/challenger-balls

Hey, I have made a simple puzzle game that I hope to release on Android and Flash, All I have left to do id make more levels (I have created a level builder program for this already).
There are also bridges, fans and spikes (seen in the menu but not done a level with them yet)

Any thoughts / improvements / suggestions?

muddy_shoes(Posted 2012) [#2]
I'm not sure about having the time to solve being so important to score. At the least I think you should only start the timer when the player clicks something. In general though I'm not sure there's a good match between people who like to solve casual puzzles and people who enjoy clicking around an interface against the clock.

It looks good though. A few polish issues with rendering order and the block breaking graphic not matching the block, but easily enough ironed out.

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2012) [#3]
you might consider counting the number of moves the player makes and do something with that value against time, rather than just time.

So a player who solves the level in the fewest possible moves , should score better than some one who makes a few mistakes.

Shinkiro1(Posted 2012) [#4]
I would also say it would be better to take out the timer and do as Taiphoz suggested.
On the start screen I would use "Select Level" instead of "Level Select".
Maybe the font of the description in the beginning of a Level is a bit too small.

But I really liked the game, would make a perfect candidate for InApp purchases (for more levels).

chrisc2977(Posted 2012) [#5]
Yeah I think I will change it to moves only and get rid of the time element :)
In app purchase, nice idea, no idea on how to implement that lol, but will look into that.

chrisc2977(Posted 2012) [#6]
Ok, so made a few changes, got rid of the time element and added a few more levels and adjusted the music.
What do you reckon, about 30 levels for release?

muddy_shoes(Posted 2012) [#7]
That's about what I'd aim for. For games with short levels it seems a good starting point. Enough to give the player an hour or so of content and it leaves room to add more in updates without the numbers getting silly.

chrisc2977(Posted 2012) [#8]
Woooo, its on the android store, just search 'challenger ball'!
First game to be made and published by me :)

challenger ball - play store

ziggy(Posted 2012) [#9]
That's nice!

samowitsch(Posted 2012) [#10]
Cool!

CodeGit(Posted 2012) [#11]
Congrats!! I will download later this afternoon.

York(Posted 2012) [#12]
Nice game. =) But itīs a little bit to easy. =)

Hope you will create some more level.