Space Privateers

Monkey Archive Forums/Monkey Projects/Space Privateers

Xaron(Posted 2012) [#1]
...still in development... :)

slenkar(Posted 2012) [#2]
sounds good, do you have any gameplay screenies?

Xaron(Posted 2012) [#3]
Hang on. Still in German though...

York(Posted 2012) [#4]
Hey, looks nice. By the way: What is with War Hex? =)

Xaron(Posted 2012) [#5]
It's still in the pipeline. It's playable but the balancing is tricky. I have A* pathfinding routines implemented and the AI isn't that dump but still a lot of things to do...

slenkar(Posted 2012) [#6]
S.Privateer is looking cool, do you fly around in 2D ?

Why0Why(Posted 2012) [#7]
I have been looking for this type of game to play. Let me know if you need some beta help, although I don't speak German :)

Xaron(Posted 2012) [#8]
slenkar, it will be 2d only but more tactical combat and more a kind of a RPG

Why0Why, great, no problem, there will be an English version of course.

Oh and it will be an online game, at least there will be the option to do so.

Why0Why(Posted 2012) [#9]
Xaron, I am seriously pretty interested in this. I have even recently considered working on something similar myself. I would be happy to help with some things if you need it.

Xaron(Posted 2012) [#10]
Thanks I'll let you know! There will be definitely some kind of beta test phase.

You will be able to play it in a btowser as HTML5 version as well as on any mobile device. :) All will access the same server database, so you can always everywhere continue where you've stopped playing the last time.

Why0Why(Posted 2012) [#11]
Being able to pick up on any device is a nice feature. My Xoom is running ICS so I could test on that. My iPhone 4S and iPad are jailbroken as well.

Xaron(Posted 2012) [#12]
Good to know, thanks! :)

Actually I've never seen an iPhone 4 app (960x640) on an iPad (1024x768). How does that scale due to the different aspect ratios? Are there black borders then?

BTW: The game itself will be probably free with some premium content... (freemium model).

Why0Why(Posted 2012) [#13]
Pretty much every game I have seen that is optimized for Retina is full screen. I think they include both assets. Standard games designed for 3G or lower are just doubled in size.

chrisc2977(Posted 2012) [#14]
Love the look of this!

Xaron(Posted 2012) [#15]
Thanks! Procedural universe generation is done.

There will be one huge galaxy with 100.000x100.000 light years dimension divieded in sectors of 10x10 light years. Each sector can have up to 9 different stars (systems). Every system can have numerous planets, moons, asteroids and so on...

All generation is done on the fly, so there is no big precalculation.

Here some very, very early (and ugly) map graphics (just my captain placeholder stuff until my artist make something good!) with minimum and maximum zoom. Every blue quadrant is a sector with 10x10ly.

slenkar(Posted 2012) [#16]

did you use the source code from elite, or did you just do it all yourself

Xaron(Posted 2012) [#17]
I do that by myself.