Happy Jewels

Monkey Archive Forums/Monkey Projects/Happy Jewels

dave.h(Posted 2012) [#1]
Just a fun little game i created to test out the new emitter i was working on.Another match 3 but hopefully it make you smile.

http://www.gamecentaur.com/page9.html

takes a couple of secs to load up

Jesse(Posted 2012) [#2]
Nice! Really like it. I like the sounds. I just think it needs better more polished graphics IMO. Have you thought about integrating mochi ads to it? Mochi can distribute it for free and you can make money while others play it. you really should consider it.
[edit]

Mochi has a contest starting on the 18 that probably with some minor modifications you can enter it:
https://www.mochimedia.com/community/forum/topic/2012-mochi-summer-contest-series-june

dave.h(Posted 2012) [#3]
Thanks ive done very little in flash and have no idea about mochi or how to add it but i believe there is a tutorial somewhere on here.I will look into it.

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2012) [#4]
Cool little game, as for the art, yeah it looks like you have some quality loss I know the original art looked better, did you compress it to save file size?

Jesse(Posted 2012) [#5]
the whole process to submit to Mochi is real simple:
1) register with Mochi.
2) create a a submission page for your game.
3) add the registration number to your produced *.AS file as stated in the tutorial that's here some where( a single line of code nothing else).
4) recompile your *.monkey game.
5) submit the *.swf file to your Mochi game page..
6) download the newly created flash game from Mochi and add it to your website.
7) test it. if you seed a notification for adds then in your Mochi game page set the flags for adds and distribution and you are set.

if you do not see adds or the adds notification, you did something wrong and you are going to have to edit the *.as file and repeat step 4 to 7.
you don't need to add the module if you just want to display adds.

dave.h(Posted 2012) [#6]
Thanks jesse but just one question. where the *.fla file.Is it the same as the *.swf file.I havnt seen the *.fla.Ive completed steps 1 and 2 easy enough and now i get to the part i usually mess up.

Jesse(Posted 2012) [#7]
yea , stupid me, it's the swf. sorry. fixed the post

dave.h(Posted 2012) [#8]
@ Jesse

wow that went a lot easier than i thought it would.Thanks for pointing me in that direction i got it running virtually straight away.

benmc(Posted 2012) [#9]
It takes forever to load because the cloud background image on your website is 10MB. That is one ENORMOUS file and probably going to gobble up your bandwidth at your host. Might want to compress that baby a bit, maybe JPEG it.

Game is fun. Kind-of runs slowly and the graphics look like they are suffering from quality loss due to some re-sizing possibly.

I've been working on a match-3 spin-off game myself, I like what you've done with yours. I'd love to hear more about your experience with it on Windows Phone.

dave.h(Posted 2012) [#10]
10 meg oh my god i didnt know that.Im experimenting with designing a website as well.just bought webplus x6.Have to fix that.As for windows its doing ok using pubcenter and making about 50p per day but im only getting around 50 downloads per day.The only reason i did this game is because i released one called manic jewels which was just an experiment with pubcenter really.That did quite well and at one stage was making me 9 pound per day.Although thats slowed to around 2-4 pound a day now.Cant figure that out cos i think happy jewels is much better.I say its doing quite well but please bear in mind im only doing this as a hobby and i dont suppose 2-4 quid a day is good for anyone who does this for a living.

Jesse(Posted 2012) [#11]
Good job Dave.

remember it still needs to get approved so until you get it approved it will display those simple banner adds.

Also your android and windows phone 7 game can increase sales by adding a link in your flash game. remember that Mochi does it's own distribution so it might be a good idea to incorporate those link as it will serve as a good advertising technique. some guys claim that it really works.

Mochi submits to some sites only so you might want to do your own submissions also. Mochi has a list of site you can do your distribution to:

http://mochiland.com/articles/45-sites-to-submit-your-flash-games#comment-230936

And don't forget to activate live updates. that way everybody gets your update whenever you
make changes to the game.

just something to consider.

I have a little suggestion, I hate tapping on each of the two jewels to select them. how about using a swipe gesture that extends from the first tile to the second tile to switch, that way the switching is done in a single gesture. I seen it on the jewels game and really liked it.
just a suggestion.

dave.h(Posted 2012) [#12]
Just been approved