monkemitter v1

Monkey Archive Forums/Monkey Projects/monkemitter v1

dave.h(Posted 2012) [#1]
Working on a very simple module with editor for creating simple particle explosions and effects.Should be quite easy to implement when completely finished.Maybe of use to new programmers so if anyone is interested when its completely finished i will upload the editor to the monkey site and write a couple of easy tutorials on how to implement it.Its fast enough for most games and can use any image you want.The bigger the image the bigger the performance hit though but ive not had any probs with it yet.I know the interface isnt fab but it works.If anyone has any ideas on what to add id like to hear them.There is a small game included with the editor to see how your effects work and a code button which displays the code you would have to add to your program.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqX3tku5ABI&feature=plcp

benmc(Posted 2012) [#2]
Wow, terrific. Would LOVE to see the module and editor released.

Shinkiro1(Posted 2012) [#3]
I love to see what editors other people make.
Keep us informed, your project looks quite interesting.

Why0Why(Posted 2012) [#4]
I am very interested as well.

AdamRedwoods(Posted 2012) [#5]
don't forget to include a "fade out" option. I didn't see it in the video demo.

dave.h(Posted 2012) [#6]
sorry ive not got back but had family probs as my 86 your old dad was rushed into hospital so ive not worked on this for a few days now but im back on it now.

@ adamredwoods yes mate a fade out option was already in place and ive just added anti gravity option and a sym/spin option.sym/spin is when the partical rotates but keeps the bottom of the image pointing at the origin of the explosion.It looks quite good for basic blastwaves.It also disables the spin mode when its enabled.