Concept Art for .......

Monkey Archive Forums/Monkey Projects/Concept Art for .......

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2012) [#1]
Here is a pencil sketch I did the other day.

And here is the Colour I just finished off a few minutes ago.

Not sure what to call the little monster who will be the main character or actor in a game which I am going to build around the art, if I can come up with a good enough idea.

Volker(Posted 2012) [#2]
Fantastic. Can I hire you? I need a caterpillar for my nearly finished game.

dave.h(Posted 2012) [#3]
I would recommend him as he produced some work for me at a very fair price

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2012) [#4]
Sent you a mail mate . Sorry if it's short I'm not home ATM and having to use my mobile to type with my big hands is a nightmare lol.

therevills(Posted 2012) [#5]
These are great! What do you use to colour them?

Why0Why(Posted 2012) [#6]
Wow! Top notch!

Amon(Posted 2012) [#7]
Good stuff! When the time comes I know who to contact to create some art for me. :)

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2012) [#8]
Thanks guys.

@ Therevills, MM Fireworks, its a really old one tho I cant afford the new one, hell I only got this one through UNI many moons ago.

Getting a new shiny photoshop is on my "When I win the lottery" list, until then it's fireworks, or Gimp.

Amon : anytime mate.

MikeHart(Posted 2012) [#9]
Awesome images!!!

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2012) [#10]
I was planning to ink this today, but got some other art to do, it shows the monster attacking, and a baby just hatched from an egg.

I'm thinking its female, and the game will be about catching food to feed the baby and protect it from stuff.

slenkar(Posted 2012) [#11]
velly nice and has lots of personality.

Why does the green monster have blank eyes?
So you can animate them in the game?

Im wondering if you are good at drawing people and humanoid monsters

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2012) [#12]
eye's are blank on purpose, I gave it eye's but it looked a little to cute lol, Might add them back in at some point but for now just leaving them blank.

Eye's when it comes to characters are very or can be very important because they are often the focal point of the viewer, having the wrong eye design can really wreck the whole aesthetic of the picture.

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2012) [#13]
Made a start on this, and added some eye's to show how much it changes the look and feel ..

Gerry Quinn(Posted 2012) [#14]
I was thinking Swampy, but that's more of a male name. I'll post if inspiration strikes!

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2012) [#15]
odd thought, does she need BOOBIES? rofl...

NoOdle(Posted 2012) [#16]
woah! Loving your style, very nice!!

slenkar(Posted 2012) [#17]
If you want him to look menacing give him the same pupils as a cat. Lizards have these pupils too.

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2012) [#18]
I own 3 geckos, and gave her eye's like theirs but something just felt off about it..

might have another crack at it later.

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2012) [#19]
Here is the fly, which I'm now called a Bawsp, half wasp, half bee.

Xaron(Posted 2012) [#20]
Awesome! What about animations. Can you do this as well? :) I know this can be pretty hard.

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2012) [#21]
Animation is a skill in it's own right , so it's a very hard thing to do and learn , but yeah I can animate, not amazingly but I can do it when push comes to shove.

Its a skill I plan to improve , since it's something I need to improve for my own work.

here's a quick 7 frame sample.

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2012) [#22]
decided the game is going to be a platformer.

and started doing some concept tile sets for it, seen bellow.

ziggy(Posted 2012) [#23]
That's nice!! I wish I had your talent!

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2012) [#24]
thanks ziggy.