Objecty gets boned

Monkey Archive Forums/Monkey Projects/Objecty gets boned

Skn3(Posted 2012) [#1]
I posted about my app Objecty a while ago now and just thought I would post an update as I made something exciting this afternoon!

I have been hard at work in the last 3 or so months since my previous post. I have been building up the framework that Objecty uses. Its got to the stage now where I can really quickly add things and have everything interact.

Objecty is amazingly powerful and really easy to use. Here's a little example with pictures:

I can add a texture node and add some image nodes to it

I can define any number of hotspots on my image nodes

I can then create a sprite node which is for working with pixel based animations. To that sprite node I can add animation nodes and reuse the image nodes that were already added to the texture node.

Or if I want to be adventurous I can build an actor node out of image nodes with a bone structure. This allows me to piece together a larger "character" out of smaller bits and animate it using keyframing and/or tweening.

The bone editor has been coded in the last 2 or 3 hours (from scratch) so there is not much detail to it yet. This was incredibly satisfying as the hard work with the Objecty framework is starting to pay off!

Well that's all for now :D

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2012) [#2]
Thats looking really cool.

Shinkiro1(Posted 2012) [#3]
That look really good. Can't wait to see it in action.
Btw, these toolbars, you have built them yourself right?

bruZard(Posted 2012) [#4]
really cool!

DruggedBunny(Posted 2012) [#5]
Looking really good.

Skn3(Posted 2012) [#6]

Yeah the iconbars are custom maxgui ProxyGadgets. They are just a serious of panels and pixmaps really. I would love to release the code to the maxgui community but I really am pressed for time!