Chaos - Battle of the wizards

Monkey Archive Forums/Monkey Projects/Chaos - Battle of the wizards

EdzUp(Posted 2012) [#1]
Well as suggested here is the worklog for Chaos :)

What I have so far is all the spells in the game and the game arena setup, now what I need to add is a player character so I can get the ball rolling :). Once the character is in the game I can then add casting spells and creature movements etc.

After all that its AI and name entry :D

This is a nice project to cut me teeth on the monkey wagon :)

EdzUp(Posted 2012) [#2]
Well I have now cobbled together a rather sturdy text system that displays the Chaos font perfectly so I can now move forwards with getting everything else in there for the game stuff to work perfectly :D

Its surprisingly easy to get into Monkey from BlitzMax there are still some omissions that I would love to see sorted like networking being the main one, once all these are fixed Monkey will be a viable replacement for blitzmax until that time its still marginalized.

slenkar(Posted 2012) [#3]
nice project, its a straight remake?

EdzUp(Posted 2012) [#4]
Yeah I plan to make it 100% accurately to the original version, I played the game to death many years ago so I want to bring it to the next generation. Also its a brilliant project to work through :)

EdzUp(Posted 2012) [#5]
Well I am getting basic movement in there now once thats in I will be able to move everything around and get the game going properly :D