Spandex Force: Champion Rising

Monkey Archive Forums/Monkey Projects/Spandex Force: Champion Rising

Karja(Posted 2012) [#1]
I've been working on a humorous superhero strategy/management game called Spandex Force: Champion Rising. The game will feature drama, action, supervillains, citizens in distress, multiple endings, missing pets, nefarious plots and maybe even atrocious voice acting!

The main premise is that you have one year to train your hero's attributes as you wish by performing different jobs, doing specialized training and choosing different ways to aid citizens in need. After a year you will see how your hero turned out - will he be a sidekick to Awesome Man, will he be a proper paladin of justice, or will he become a supervillain instead? (Or, if you play rather poorly, will he be a homeless bum...)

The current status as of March:
* The city map/GUI/dialogue/event frameworks are pretty solid, but there's a lot of work left on adding the different events and storylines
* No music, sound, and particle fx yet - no polish in general
* However, I cooked up an intro to the game:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ch1wbxF7dRU

This intro uses an XML based animation system, and will also be used for the ending cutscenes. My plan is to make more videos when I've added more polish, so I'll try to keep this thread updated.

slenkar(Posted 2012) [#2]
good intro!

Did you hire someone to create that artwork?

Karja(Posted 2012) [#3]
Thanks! And yep, but I'm reusing assets from three previous games for this one. So it's a question of assembling a game from whatever art I have available. :)

Neuro(Posted 2012) [#4]
The art is definitely nice !