SchizoBallz open for beta testing

Monkey Archive Forums/Monkey Projects/SchizoBallz open for beta testing

Psychosanity(Posted 2012) [#1]
--EDIT--
To unlock all mods and levels for testing type "dipstick" on the keyboard at anytime
Also Up, Down, Left, Right will move the bar, Ctrl will slow down the bar, and enter will bring up the pause menu
---------

Hey guys, i've been working on this game for the past good while now, i think it's just about ready for some beta testing.

ALSO THE BETA PASSWORD TO PLAY IS "boot". Just a simple password you will remember for when you come back to play, and you should be using google chrome. It's the most stable browser that i've tested this game on.

Schizo Ballz is a simple game (at first) where you guide the red balls to the red side of the level and blue balls to the blue side using nothing more then a bar with a slight gap in the middle. It gets more complex as you progress through the levels

This version includes 40 Levels, 3 Difficulties and one unlockable difficulty

10 unlockable challenge levels, 12 unlockable skins and mods

and a time attack mode.

Please report bugs/suggestions on this forum or by the email found on my website.

The website is slightly under construction still, but you can find the game at

http://www.schizohead.com

Happy Beta Testing!

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2012) [#2]
I found it a little jerky at times, but loved the concept.

A little bit of a shine , and smooth out the moving and you have a cool little game there.

Psychosanity(Posted 2012) [#3]
--EDIT--
Thanks Taiphoz, the background is the source of the problem. The background is one large picture moving slowly up, down, or across the screen. For whatever reason DrawImage is drawing the background very slowly and slowing down the entire game

On the android everything runs smooth, and i'm not sure why it doesn't work well in html5.

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2012) [#4]
are you moving it with a float or int, try a float if your moving it slow, other than that it should not be slowing things down.

benmc(Posted 2012) [#5]
That's really addicting and fun!!!

I'd love to see it on iOS where I could move my finger up and down anywhere on the screen to move the opening up and down.

My problems were all with the menus. I was clicking No on music and nothing happened, then started clicking back and forth between yes and no and nothing was happening, then all of a sudden it jumped through to the next screen.

The fonts bugged me too. It felt like the fonts should have been more neon/retro than "hand writing".

Lastly, the ability to see the tiling of the textures in the "glowing" colored areas made it feel a little unpolished in my opinion. If they were really crisp reds and blues, and maybe if the bar that went up and down were really crisp too, it would feel more polished, but I suppose those are nit-picky things.

Game play is fun. I feel like I've played something similar before, but this worked really smooth, I loved the puzzles, and again, hope to see it on iOS :)

Psychosanity(Posted 2012) [#6]
@Taiphoz it is already moving by float. Also, you can clearly see what I mean by the background slowing it down if you..

1. Type "dipstick" at anytime to unlock everything.
2. Hit enter during game play, go into the mods menu, and select the "Old Skool" skin

You can clearly see the speed difference. I've been trying to figure out what about the background code is slowing it down.

And thanks for your feedback and help so far Taiphoz!

@benmc thanks! i'm glad you like it! I just figured out the nifty trick of loading all images outside of the play area to preload images. Doing this should fix the lag after the select music screen. I will get on that as soon as i get off of work.

CodeGit(Posted 2012) [#7]
Great game, very addictive. Slightly jerky scrolling and clicking through the menu screens should show a progress bar or something that indicates that the program has not hung. As a suggestion, to make the eye candy a bit better, and to give everything a bit of depth, you could introduce shadows under the dots and maybe add some special effects to indicate completing a level and maybe even something showing that the "dot" is now in the correct area. (Could be a HALO around the dot??)

My 2 cents and good luck.

NoOdle(Posted 2012) [#8]
Fun game, just needs a bit of sprucing up and you will have a good title. Glow lines would fit nicely with this!