Pips X's n O's

Monkey Archive Forums/Monkey Projects/Pips X's n O's

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2012) [#1]

This is my first project for Monkey, I actually finished with the demo while waiting to get Pro, and now that I have Pro I can finally post it here :)

Concept : The Target Audience for this is of course young children, My 8 Year old loves it, in fact most of it is Her Idea, as the child players the game the little Bear PiP helps them spell out words and count objects.

As a side note the hard mode will offer a little challenge to older kids and some adults while not being impossible to beat.

YouTube Video : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GiS0LLvdEM8

Images

I made the questions she asks easy to work with so I can add new questions, new words and new things to count without having to touch the source code which is cool, so while I wait for the money to buy a developer licence I will add a few more words,numbers and questions.

As always feedback is welcome.

Xaron(Posted 2012) [#2]
Yay, looks pretty good! I already had the chance to test it. Will show it to my almost 6 years old son. :)

Do you have it in one of the markets already? If so, could you provide us with the links?

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2012) [#3]
delete

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2012) [#4]
Nah Xaron, not yet, My plan is to wait till Jan 2013 1st, gives me a full year to develop as many games as I can, then come Jan the 1st, buy the developer license and drop my work on it.

Want to try and get as much out of the licence as I can :)

As for having a version to play, I will either upload a GLFW exe version or I will put a lite html5 or flash version on my site.

probably some point this week or over the weekend.

therevills(Posted 2012) [#5]
Looks good :)

Only thing is that your logo "Cruel gaming" doesnt really fit with a kids game...

Also you might want to change the name of the game to help you get more sales/downloads, call it Pip's Naughts and Crosses or Pip's Tic Tac Toe as no one is going to search for Pip's challenge.

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2012) [#6]
Yeah I plan on making it a franchise, this will be Pips X's n O's Challenge, or if you wana USA it up Pips Naughts n Crosses Challenge.

I plan on doing a selection of games featuring this little bear that teaches kids things, next one will be checkers probably and she will teach you how to count and spell longer more complex words as well as better math with larger numbers.

Each game in the franchise will take the education thing a little further, a little harder right upto the point of teaching the kids the times tables and basic division and of course more complex words and what ever else I can think of.

my main motivation behind this all is my 8 Year old, so building it for her and if she like its then I know its done lol she's my in house beta tester. :)

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2012) [#7]
or Tic Tac Toe, I wonder what name is more universally understood, I sense a facebook poll coming on.

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2012) [#8]
I justed used face book to create a poll, as I typed it auto listed results, tic tac toe showed tons of results, naughts and crosses showed 1, and X's n O's showed NONE!.

lol, I will watch the poll I started and see what people I know think but from facebooks search results its kinda clear I will be going with Tic Tac Toe.

Gerry Quinn(Posted 2012) [#9]
There's also the probability that some people will call it Noughts and Crosses. Of course, it depends on the search engine how much that matters.