BlockIT

Monkey Archive Forums/Monkey Projects/BlockIT

Grover(Posted 2012) [#1]
Currently with 60+ levels, and targeting most platforms. We have been tweaking the game for low spec Android phones - runs on 600 Mhz phones fairly well. Also works well on all iphones.

Hopefully over the next few weeks of level testing we will iron out issues then deploy a release on IOS and Android.

Grover(Posted 2012) [#2]

Grover(Posted 2012) [#3]

Grover(Posted 2012) [#4]

Martian Watts(Posted 2012) [#5]
looks awesome, what physics api did you use?

Grover(Posted 2012) [#6]
Its using Box2D at the moment but the performance isnt ideal. I have ported Box2DLite to monkey and will be using that for release (its substantially faster on mobile). Its very simple physics (even tempted to put my old one from blitz in there). I'll release the Box2DLite once its all nice and complete.

Grover(Posted 2012) [#7]
Heres a pre-release playable demo. This contains 13 demo level and its only a preview of what will be on Android / IOS and eventually PC + Web.
http://blockit.gagagames.com/

Full game: over 70 levels. 10+ sound tracks. Two new themes (Famous People and Movies/TV Shows)... enjoy :)

skid(Posted 2012) [#8]

siread(Posted 2012) [#9]
Looking good but it needs a bit more polish (those solid blocks are not very nice at all). I reckon a decent artist could turn this into something special. Good luck!

Grover(Posted 2012) [#10]
Thanks. The solid blocks could be improved (we did do this) but it means the alphabet blocks then dont stand out as much, which is more preferable :)