The Perfect Tree - Monkey edition

Monkey Archive Forums/Monkey Projects/The Perfect Tree - Monkey edition

anawiki(Posted 2011) [#1]
Hi
I was sooo rushed releasing the game, that I forgot to mention it on this very forums.

The Perfect Tree, our BlitzMax hit match-3 game, has a Monkey version that works on iPad. And that will be it for the moment, because there was no time to make other versions.

Anyway, please download and rate if you can.

http://itunes.apple.com/app/the-perfect-tree/id489468627?mt=8

The game features all the goodies of downloadable version and even more. We updated our game engine and now there are 3 game modes in Perfect Tree (swap, chain and group modes). There is even more levels (200 vs 110) and because you can play each level in 3 different modes it's like the game had 600 levels.

Spruce up your Christmas season with The Perfect Tree, a cheerful holiday offering from Anawiki Games! Based on the classic Christmas tale of the same name, the game tells the story of a lonely little pine tree and the player's efforts to help it become the perfect Christmas tree.

cheers
Roman

Grey Alien(Posted 2011) [#2]
Good luck with it Roman.

therevills(Posted 2011) [#3]
Well Done Roman :)

Just downloaded it...

There might be a small bug when you are on the Tree screen... when I try to buy decorations, the decorations dont appear on the tree and I get more stars everytime I click on a decoration...

The main game runs okay on my iPad 1, it slows down a tad when you fire a special tile (eg bomb).

anawiki(Posted 2011) [#4]
Yes, its a bug. You are supposed to hold the decoration and move onto the tree. Unfortunately my kids discovered it too late and updating app was mot possible before xmas shut down.

Volker(Posted 2011) [#5]
Unfortunately my kids discovered it too late

Child labor? Be ashamed ;-)

samowitsch(Posted 2011) [#6]
Very cool game with good graphics and animations!

anawiki(Posted 2012) [#7]
The "HOT" season ended for our game and it made a shocking $90 so far :D

Late to market and lack of better marketing killed the sales potential (as it converts at 8%).

Still, it was nice lesson, learning the ropes of iOS publishing.

benmc(Posted 2012) [#8]
Can you release it so it will work on an Android tablet? I don't have an iPad, but would love to try on my 7" Galaxy Tab.

You mention the "hot" season being over, is that because of the holiday theme? Why not have other themes?

For me, on the Android Market, November through February are definitely my best months.

anawiki(Posted 2012) [#9]
I didn't have much time to release it on Android. The problem is that I am from Poland and last I checked Google was not ready to let as sell our apps, we could offer only free apps.

Hot period is ober because of theme. Sure we can change themes, we did. We will release Dress Up Pups soon... But as you know each theme takes time and $100 revenue doesn't cover even cost of one background. Lucky we mobile is our secondary market, at least at the moment.

benmc(Posted 2012) [#10]
Would you mind sharing how you're doing well in the non-mobile world? I've only had success on mobile so far, I'm not sure where to begin otherwise.

anawiki(Posted 2012) [#11]
I'm not having spectacular success on PC/Mac, but I figured out that I don't need to. My plan was to adjust game dev budgets to "avg casual game price" and make them in genres that I can compete (which rules out all HO games). The other point in my strategy is long tail. And the last one is "it all adds up". I try to release games on as many portals as possible, though some get my games earlier, some later, sometimes they get them the same day, but due to different queues they release it on different days.

I know that this year mobile world will add significant revenue to my income, but that's due to publishing deals, not my marketing skills in that area. Still, there are titles that due to time constrains or games quality I can't/don't want to publish through 3rd party (like The Perfect Tree).

Tri|Ga|De(Posted 2012) [#12]
Grapped it.

Great Work.

I also have my first iPad game on iTunes Store. But I better not mention it here, its not made in Monkey.