Lockdown Necrosis - Release Date 1st October 2011

Monkey Archive Forums/Monkey Projects/Lockdown Necrosis - Release Date 1st October 2011

matty(Posted 2011) [#1]
Good Afternoon all,

Lockdown Necrosis is about to be released on the Android Market (and was written with Monkey 1.42).

Lockdown Necrosis is an action packed top down shooter. You play as a security officer in Monolithic Corporation tasked with the job of putting down a zombie outbreak in a research facility.

Collect ammunition and cash from dead zombies, upgrade your equipment, your weapons and rank as you fight against 20 unique zombie types. Squash them beneath your APC in the bonus stages collecting mega-amounts of cash and finally defeat the zombie master after you've faced the zombie hordes.

Flash version to be released not long after....

See our other games here:

https://market.android.com/search?q=SONIQ&so=1&c=apps

And our website here:

http://www.soniq.com.au

Samah(Posted 2011) [#2]
So *slightly* more advanced than Left150Dead, then. ;)

Looking good! :D

QuickSilva(Posted 2011) [#3]
Hi Matty, any chance of seeing the game in motion?

Jason.

matty(Posted 2011) [#4]
Hi Jason,

Soon enough...when we put the flash version online you will definitely be able to see it in motion!

Currently no videos yet though.

from Matt

matty(Posted 2011) [#5]
Android version has been released so have a go and please give feedback or further suggestions

matty(Posted 2011) [#6]
Anyone here tried this on their phone yet?
I've had a good number of downloads in the first 48 hours but I'd be keen to know if anyone from here has tried it.

muddy_shoes(Posted 2011) [#7]
Just tried it. It didn't crash.

matty(Posted 2011) [#8]
Thanks muddy_shoes.

Jesse(Posted 2011) [#9]
I downloaded it yesterday and it plays good on my Motorola Droid 2. No problems.

a few things. likes and dislikes, just personal.

the graphics are ok.

I think the music is good.

the control is ok. had minor problems with the pad but maybe just need to get used to it.

I think it needs at least a small tutorial or an explanation for scoring and game play.

gameplay wise, personally, I think it's too chaotic but have no idea how to make it better. One thing doug, I think it would be better if it had a way to aim. Maybe use dual pads.

I haven't rated it because I don't want to do it damage as I think it has great potential. With a few creative modifications, I think, it could be a really good game.

On a side note, I am impressed by the numbers of games you are producing. you are producing in large quantities but the quality is not great. Now, reduce the quantity so you can improve on the quality.

matty(Posted 2011) [#10]
Thanks Jesse,

A number of people have commented on the autofire/autoaim - some like it some dislike it...someone suggested have an option for 'auto-aim on/off' - maybe I'll have to do that - but with the sheer number of enemies around I'm not sure how well a player would go with aiming themselves....

Yes - tutorial/help - I may have to create a tutorial level...a number of people seem to miss the little bits of text that explain how to play the "the maze" version....

It is very chaotic - not sure if that is a bad thing though?

Agree on the quality/quantity principle....initially the aim was to get a lot of games out the door, we are starting to spend a bit more time on them now though...

Dual pads - maybe? maybe touch the zombies to shoot at them? would need to reduce the number of enemies unless you have more than 20 fingers on one hand!

Hmmm...not sure either what the best way of improving this is...but thanks very much for the constructive feedback...

therevills(Posted 2011) [#11]
Just downloaded onto my phone.

Very good... very alien breed like ;)

The game runs pretty slow on my phone :(

Be careful with dual pads... as some devices will mess up on if they are on the same hortizonal position.

Samah(Posted 2011) [#12]
@therevills: Be careful with dual pads... as some devices will mess up on if they are on the same hortizonal position.

"Some" being the Nexus One. :)
I'm not aware of any other phones that use the dual touch "hack" Google added for N1.

therevills(Posted 2011) [#13]
The LG Optimus One does the same... ;)

matty(Posted 2011) [#14]
I'm a little unsure of the benefit of dual pads...running out of room already to place "buttons" on the screen, and thumbs take up valuable screen real estate...not sure just how much of an improvement it would make.

jayparker(Posted 2011) [#15]
Tried this one and works great on my phone.

Graphics looks good :)

gregbug(Posted 2011) [#16]
Just downloaded and installed on my samsung galaxy S

run very smooth!!!

Graphics is good!!!

congrats!!!

matty(Posted 2011) [#17]
Good to hear, I hope you enjoy it. Let me know if it is too easy or too hard..balance is difficult to get right. Don't forget to rate the app if you enjoyed it.