Naught Troll

Monkey Archive Forums/Monkey Projects/Naught Troll

Supertino(Posted 2011) [#1]
I had a weekend coding marathon and the results I am quite proud off

Nasty Troll http://www.getperplexed.com/temp/nastytroll.html

Might call it Naughty Troll instead.

The gfx at the moment are .. eh! borrowed and there's no sound as yet and only four puzzles but the epic ending is worth getting to.

Going to convert my bmax editor to flash so I can work on puzzles in work.

therevills(Posted 2011) [#2]
Looking good :)

QuietBloke(Posted 2011) [#3]
Pretty good start... thats a good weekend's work.
I Look forward to seeing this progress.

matt(Posted 2011) [#4]
This is really nice. Well done.

Are you using any frameworks, modules or library code?

Supertino(Posted 2011) [#5]
Thanks guys.

Not using any frameworks, but I am using the Mid() function I found in these forums which was posted by degac.

c.k.(Posted 2011) [#6]
Supertino, well done! And no frameworks? Wow.

So how productive would you have been with a framework? :)

I like the name "Naughty Troll" better. And no, that was not an epic ending... (CHALLENGE ACCEPTED...?) :D

Neuro(Posted 2011) [#7]
Lol, i like this :)!

CodeGit(Posted 2011) [#8]
Nice, has potential.

Supertino(Posted 2011) [#9]
@ c.k;

The game is not all that complicated, I guess if I had buttons, screen fade/effects a framework would be good, but it's a basic array based block game (of which I've made many - go search coffeedotbean on blitzbasic). I am going to rewrite it though as it got rushed towards the end and I just started to duplicate code for common things where a class or simialr would have been better. Also want to make is so I can put text on multiple lines.

Just hooked up with an artist, going to make a flash version of the editor tonight and hope to have it out on the flash sites by the end of the month.

Still not sure what to do for the ending, but I bet less than 1% who try the game will ever get to see it so I am not focusing on that too much.