mojo1, mojo2, pyro, mx2 what should i do?

Monkey Forums/Monkey Programming/mojo1, mojo2, pyro, mx2 what should i do?

dubbsta(Posted 2016) [#1]
i currently have time to dedicate to learn monkey, i'm just picking up mojo1 but am interested in mojo2 and pyro seems pretty awesome, and now looking at mx2....
so my question is should i continue mojo1 and will it be and easy transition to mojo2 and mx2? should i go straight to mx2 or even get pyro? please help.

Soap(Posted 2016) [#2]
Yes, buy the frameworks. They can dramatically cut down on your dev time if you want to make serious projects.You should read as much of the framework's source code, and monkey's source code / the source in the examples folders.

Mojo2 enables some extra graphics functionalities than Mojo1, but it also still has some problems. You can transition to Mojo2 from 1 easily it just takes changing some rendering methods.

mx2 is still in development, is not prime time ready, but is also probably the future of anything monkey. If you are not planning on making commercial projects then I'd say go for it with using mx2 now.

Playniax(Posted 2016) [#3]
Well, I can't argue with buying the frameworks but I advice you to learn the language / mojo first a bit :)

MX2 probably has the brighter future. MX1 is still great though...

The release of Pyro 2 for Monkey 2 is planned for december 1st!

dubbsta(Posted 2016) [#4]
thanks for the advice guys!