Mojo 2 vectormonkey file format

Monkey Forums/Monkey Programming/Mojo 2 vectormonkey file format

wick(Posted 2016) [#1]
Heya! I'm poking around with loading vector graphics into my mojo2-powered game, and saw that there seems to be an example banana in the mojo2 folder that does exactly what I need: vectormonkey. However, the monkey image ("data.txt") it loads seems to be just a bunch of comma-separated vertices with the odd bit of color information. What format is this? Is there any way to save to it?

Alternatively, if I'm missing some other way to import vector art, I'm all ears.

Thanks!

Gerry Quinn(Posted 2016) [#2]
I wuld *guess* that it's probably a very simple home-made format, that the author exported as text from some more standard format.

You could save to it my making your own text string and saving it. Somebody else may know whether there's Monkey code to import or partially import more standard vector formats like WMF.

Difference(Posted 2016) [#3]
Hi wick. Vectormonkey is my creation.

I've made a SVG parser, that translates SVG into polygons. Then I run the polygons through my Tesselator, that I made open Source here: https://github.com/Difference/tesselate-monkey

The "fileformat" for vectormonkey is indeed just a simple dump of the triangles from the tesselator.
I'm currently porting the tesselator to Monkey 2, with the intention of making it a module.

[EDIT] : I see that the github repro needs a little TLC to get it up and running with the current monkey version. Will do!.
[EDIT2] : Fixed for Monekey V87a

wick(Posted 2016) [#4]
Wow, those are some very very pretty demos. hellotriangles is blowing my mind. How come more games don't have effects like that?

Thank you so much! This plus the SVG parser in your other repo was exactly what I needed. :) :) :)

Difference(Posted 2016) [#5]
Thanks. :-)
PS: That SVG parser is Coppercircles, and not what I'm using.
https://github.com/CopperCircle/Monkey-SVG/commits/master

Please clone my copy, as I'll be taking it down soon