Monkey-X, Monkey2, IgnitionX, Pyro...AHHH

Monkey Forums/Monkey Programming/Monkey-X, Monkey2, IgnitionX, Pyro...AHHH

ggspringer(Posted 2016) [#1]
Hi all,

So with the announced price cuts earlier, I am seriously consider buying into the Monkey ecosystem. Is Monkey-X/IgnitionX still worth investing in with Monkey2/Pyro on the cusp? It would seem unfortunate to purchase the older tech stack if it will only be replaced in the very near future. Just wondering what peoples thoughts are.

Thanks in advance.

ggspringer(Posted 2016) [#2]
My apologies, I intended to post this in the beginners forum. Feel free to move if someone is able.

muruba(Posted 2016) [#3]
I am using Monkey-X/IgnitionX because it is really solid and has features that Pyro doesn't, and Pyro is limited by opengl platforms only...

Playniax(Posted 2016) [#4]
Thanks for the interest! muruba is right concerning the opengl targets.

> Is Monkey-X/IgnitionX still worth investing in

Monkey 1 has more targets, modules and 3rd party addons at the moment although this can change very fast.

I think atleast buying Monkey 1 is supporting Mark and Monkey 2 ( giving Mark the funds to motivate his work ).

Personally I think the bundle and Studio are a bargain :)

Shinkiro1(Posted 2016) [#5]
Monkey-X has matured enough to be a really stable dev tool. 39$ is an absolute bargain.
I have worked with it for years now and have never come across something more enjoyable to work with.
Also, your knowledge of mx1 will transfer (mostly) over to mx2.

ggspringer(Posted 2016) [#6]
Thank you all for the replies. I went ahead and grabbed the Studio bundle with IDE/IgnitionX. Enjoying it quite a bit so far!