How to "reset" the color (mojo2)?

Monkey Forums/Monkey Programming/How to "reset" the color (mojo2)?

MonoDesire(Posted 2016) [#1]
Hi all,

I am using mojo2 and have ran into a problem with canvas.SetColor().

I have an application in which I have drawn a lot of images. It all works fine. So far, I have not called canvas.SetColor() anywhere in the code.

But now I reached a point where I want to draw a rectangle using a specific color, so I used canvas.SetColor() to set a color and then draw the rectangle. That works fine for the rectangle, but after that drawing, all other colors get messed up.

So, how to I "reset" the color back to what it was before I called the canvas.SetColor() for the first time?

Thanks!

ratking(Posted 2016) [#2]
I'd guess the standard color is just white?

Goodlookinguy(Posted 2016) [#3]
Like ratking said, just reset to white.
canvas.SetColor(1.0,1.0,1.0)

MonoDesire(Posted 2016) [#4]
You are both right. Thanks!

Strange, I am pretty sure I tried that before posting here because that was what I thought too. But it didn't work... but it works now... Confused, but happy! :-)

Dima(Posted 2016) [#5]
Changing current color to "white" using canvas.SetColor( r, g, b, a ) isn't exactly "resetting to original". You could retrieve and save current/original device color into a float array using canvas.GetColor( c#[] ), then at some point revert back with canvas.SetColor( c[0], c[1], c[2], c[3] )

Gerry Quinn(Posted 2016) [#6]
Or set up a couple of PushColor / PopColor functions. But anyway, what he wanted was the default colour, not the original.

I use a function called SetColorNull that sets colour to white, just to make it obvious what the purpose is.

MonoDesire(Posted 2016) [#7]
Thanks for these additional hints! :-)