Jentos IDE

Monkey Forums/Monkey Programming/Jentos IDE

malublu(Posted 2016) [#1]
The new Jentos IDE build is online:
http://jentos_ide.malublu.de/

Comming soon:
Better Download Page
More Features, fewer bugs and better structure.

Test it, check it and let me know it if it not works.
Feature Requests or Issues:
https://github.com/malublu/Jentos_IDE/issues

New Repo:
https://github.com/malublu/Jentos_IDE

DruggedBunny(Posted 2016) [#2]
Will be keen to try the Windows version! I liked JentosIDE but have never been able to build later versions.

malublu(Posted 2016) [#3]
Jey its comming soon ;)
i can make a manual version.
Please wait!
look in 10 min at the download site and take the magic :D

Take it yet! ;)

Direct Link:
http://jentos_ide.malublu.de/download.php?d=win32-a3cd1431832e...ad3e609a3681-master.tgz

DruggedBunny(Posted 2016) [#4]
Hmm, not working for me -- it needs QT DLLs. I've tried installing 32-bit and 64-bit Qt, but neither seems to work... :(

I think they need to be distributed with the program, like in the old Windows 1.1 release.

I tried replacing the 1.1 executable with yours but it just gives an error:

---------------------------
JentosIDE.exe - Entry Point Not Found
---------------------------
The procedure entry point _ZN6QDebug9putStringEPK5QCharj could not be located in the dynamic link library Qt5Core.dll.

Maybe it uses a different version of the DLLs, or is a debug release (going by the entry point name)?

malublu(Posted 2016) [#5]
Yes the qt DLL are not included yet.
I can make a package (not today) thats include the qt DLLs.
To fix the dymaic error:
Install QT and add the qtdir/bin path to the Environment. Its should work now.
I upload the package tomorrow or monday.

malublu(Posted 2016) [#6]
The new packages includes now the Qt Libs ;)
Please test it!
It's bigger.
Need we two packages?
Include and not include Qt?

malublu(Posted 2016) [#7]
So automatic build on windows are also working.
Any bugs or requests?

ImmutableOctet(SKNG)(Posted 2016) [#8]
So, does this mean Jentos is going to be maintained again? Could you fix the awful block indentation behavior? It's nothing like Ted, or most other text editors for that matter. The current behavior is counter intuitive, making function, method, and even class declarations a chore. I structure my code first, then implement it. This makes the process much less convoluted, since I don't have to care about the body of whatever I'm writing. In other words, please give the option to make the indentation the same as default Ted.

There's also the whole auto-complete issue, where it'll add parentheses for methods or functions, but not adjust with the user's input. What I mean by this is that the closing parenthesis will be added, but hitting enter won't skip that character when making a new line. This results in methods having their arguments always be on multiple lines, for seemingly no reason. This is also an issue when you want to close the parentheses yourself, which currently results in two closing characters, since the IDE just adds one and doesn't care about it afterward.

Other than those two, there's the problem of the dark theme(s) not using bright letters for the menus. It's not a huge deal, but it's something for the bucket list.

Honestly, the biggest problem for me is the indentation issue, so if you fix that, I'll probably start using your fork of Jentos. Even if the other features aren't 100% there, it won't matter, since it'll already function like Ted.

malublu(Posted 2016) [#9]
Yes! I love jentos. But it is not perfect.
The themes are a terrible. i don't like Hardcoded Design.
So themes should installed not programmed.
I try to fix all this stuff and clean the code :).
Thank you for your request and the bugs :).

abakobo(Posted 2016) [#10]
hey malublu!
Tested the win32 version.. seems to work fine. Osx version too.

Is it normal that there's only one dark theme now (i can see in the commits that you worked on it). On the readme there's 5 themes shown...
I think I'm gonna add a dark theme with lighter text because Android_theme is way too dark, i'm rather a black and white kind of theme guy. It's a pitty the original ted theme customizator has gone..! Don't really understand why.

Adding a link to the the CI builds page on readme.md could be nice too (the "all release" github.com/malublu/Jentos_IDE/blob/master link send to a 404)

Will test it more deeply this next week. (Will try to understand ImmutableOctet(SKNG) concerns too. I only ran already done projects for now)

Congrats, great reanimation of Jentos anyway!

malublu(Posted 2016) [#11]
Themes are only avaible at the Window Menu (Window -> Themes) it is a bug in 1.3.1
the theme engine will be change (json files with configraution of the theme and a costume css file)
i have update the readme.
Pease wait for themes because i create a addtional repo only for jentos additional stuff like themes or shortcut snippets.
Please stand by and help me with a small donate ;)

malublu(Posted 2016) [#12]
It's take more time. But i push every running build.
Should i use Versions (1.1, 1.2, etc.) or should i use build version, so that the build number is for the version

nerobot(Posted 2016) [#13]
ImmutableOctet(SKNG), do you try to press Ctrl+Enter after method of if declaration line? Jentos append End-block for you.
Ted not add indent - isn't that convenient?

I released new version with many improvements and fixes - Jentos.Code thread, please test it.