- Game gui
- Screen Mode Selector
- Rotating Box2d
- Angry gui
- Collisions

therevills(Posted 2016) [#2]
Top Job!

Playniax(Posted 2016) [#3]
Thanks therevills! How is your Chef Solitaire going?

Phil7(Posted 2016) [#4]
Great! Nice to see a new update! :-)
How is your world editor going?

Playniax(Posted 2016) [#5]

Pretty good.
Because Monkey doesn't have a GUI for this kind of stuff I am building my own and that takes time.
Then I can also finish the particle editor (very rough demo).
I will post an update on our roadmap soon on how things are going and possibly a demo.

Playniax(Posted 2016) [#6]

Pretty good.
Because Monkey doesn't have a GUI for this kind of stuff I am building my own and that takes time.
Then I can also finish the particle editor (very rough demo).
I will post an update on our roadmap soon on how things are going and possibly a demo.

Playniax(Posted 2016) [#7]
For the next update...

I have created an experimental 'visual toolbox' that can help position objects at runtime, pause or speedup your game.
You can only 'edit' existing objects created in code (so this is not a full editor) but it can be very helpful.
Here is a little demo
You can use the 'big' button to toggle between Gui and Scene debug mode.
T will show or hide the toolbox menu and F1 is help,

Note that it probably works best when you pause the app!

Phil7(Posted 2016) [#8]
This looks really nice! :-)
It could really be usefull for prototyping. If you're not quite shure where to put things.
As far as prototyping is concerned I think Monkey X has some disadvantage compared to drag and click solutions.
Tools like those could help to overcome these.

Another thought about Ignition X: Would it be possible to simplify the mandatory objectcreation-process?
Like Creating an Object like iGuiButton just by setting the image and the position.
Like a default prototyping mode with the possibility to enhance it to do some look and feel tests.

Playniax(Posted 2016) [#9]
Thanks!
It could really be usefull for prototyping. If you're not quite shure where to put things.

That's the idea.

As far as prototyping is concerned I think Monkey X has some disadvantage compared to drag and click solutions.
Tools like those could help to overcome these.

Yeah, this experimental tool box gave me some ideas that could be interesting. Need to test some of them before I can say more.
And for now I am concentrating on our scene editor.

Another thought about Ignition X: Would it be possible to simplify the mandatory objectcreation-process?
Like Creating an Object like iGuiButton just by setting the image and the position.

Not at the moment. I did some attempts to make a simple gui but before I knew it, it wasn't a simple gui anymore so I shelved it for now...
For even such a simple thing as a button I needed fields for name, colors, mousedown colors, border colors, etc.

Playniax(Posted 2016) [#10]
Ignition X v2.09 is up!

It includes the experimental 'visual toolbox' mentioned above and some minor changes.

pit(Posted 2016) [#11]
Hi playniax

one comment: the help still display V2,08 even for the 2,09

cheers

Pit

Playniax(Posted 2016) [#12]
Thanks! I forgot to update that. Will do...

Playniax(Posted 2016) [#13]
Here is a little update on the Pyro 'roadmap' : http://www.playniax.com/forums/pyro/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=119613&p=123928#p123928

I plan to create an export function in the Pyro editor for Ignition X!

Playniax(Posted 2016) [#14]
New Ignition X demo game coming up soon...

ziggy(Posted 2016) [#15]
Monkey X Studio updated too!

Playniax(Posted 2016) [#16]
I have updated the 30 days HTML5 trial version to v2.09

The zip file contains both a free version of Monkey X and the Ignition X modules (pre-installed).

PLEASE! make sure that you build the .monkey files (bananas, demos, etc.) with the Monkey X version that comes with this zip! or IT WILL NOT WORK! Probably best to open it from within Ted!

Download the zip file here!

Playniax(Posted 2016) [#17]
I am going to experiment with an online source code library for Ignition X. For now I have uploaded just a few examples and demos most of them known but the idea is to update it frequently with new stuff even between Ignition X updates. At the bottom of each demo you will find a link to the source code project. Of course you need Ignition X to compile them.

For Pyro I will do the same...

Playniax(Posted 2016) [#18]
I am going to experiment with an online [a www.playniax.com/sourcecode/ignitionx/index.php]source code library[/a] for Ignition X. For now I have uploaded just a few examples and demos most of them known but the idea is to update it frequently with new stuff even between Ignition X updates. At the bottom of each demo you will find a link to the source code project. Of course you need Ignition X to compile them.

For Pyro I will do the same...

Playniax(Posted 2016) [#19]
I have added a 'avoiding cars' style of example to the Ignition X source code library

Moving on to a pathfinding demo...

Playniax(Posted 2016) [#20]
Little update showing GUI components

Playniax(Posted 2016) [#21]
I still need to iron some bugs out and finalize the demo but here is a little preview of the new Ignition X / Pyro simple pathfinder in action.

Use the cursor keys to control the little Pacmaniax.

I am using 3 layers of tiles and a virtual resolution of 1024x768 so I am not sure of the performance in some browsers.

Phil7(Posted 2016) [#22]
btw the link in the signature to "Pyro roadmap" is broken. Due to the new forum tree I guess.

Playniax(Posted 2016) [#23]
Fixed.Thanks!

Playniax(Posted 2016) [#24]
Little Ignition X source code library update. Simple particles, rube and system menu examples.

ratking(Posted 2016) [#25]
Those are really nice!

Playniax(Posted 2016) [#26]
Little update on the path finding demo can be seen here
You can now kill the ghosts and be killed.
Bugs should be fixed also.
I will finalize the demo and add the path finder to the next Ignition and Pyro updates!

Use the cursor keys to control the little Pacmaniax.

Like I said before, I am using 3 layers of tiles and a virtual resolution of 1024x768 so I am not sure of the performance in some browsers.

rIKmAN(Posted 2016) [#27]
What great timing - I was literally just about to search here for some pathfinding info and you've added it to Ignition and Pyro! :)

Couple of questions:

What is the pathfinding based on? (A* etc)
Will it have any debug features? (drawing path line overlays etc)
Are we able to take just this and use the pathfinding stuff on its own like the other parts of Ignition?

Seems to run fine here on my iPad, but no keyboard pops up so I just have to watch Pacman get mobbed lol.

Thanks for the updates Playniax!

Playniax(Posted 2016) [#28]
What is the pathfinding based on?

It was based on this: http://www.monkey-x.com/Community/posts.php?topic=8434&post=86242&view=all#86242 but heavily modified.

Will it have any debug features?

There is a little demo to test the path finder but no real debug helper yet. I will not make any promiss but I will see if I can add some. Otherwise in later versions.

Are we able to take just this and use the pathfinding stuff on its own like the other parts of Ignition?

Yes. The path finder is just 1 file. No other Ignition X or Pyro dependencies.

Thanks for the updates Playniax!

You are welcome!

muddy_shoes(Posted 2016) [#29]
It just looks like a breadth-first search, sometimes referred to as a flood-fill search. It's fine for most small map grid-based games. The implementation is less than optimal but pathfinding solutions generally need rewriting for specific cases anyway if you want them to be fast/small etc.

Pakz(Posted 2016) [#30]
In the book "ai for game developers(o reily)" there is a very good (beginner friendly) chapter on a* pathfinding. It was the first time I was able to understand a* pathfinding. It goes through the algorithm step by step with pictures. I read through the chapter and was able to code the algorithm in b3d in one time almost without errors in the first time. There are several other nice things in the book to. (A lot is complex though - vectors and c++ code ect.)

Might be a good book for people who want to know more on pathfinding.

In the code section on this forum I put my version of the a* algorithm I learned from this book. (I think I messed up the second version with the only 4 direction movement - still need to fix) And I was not coding in Monkey for that long so it might not be the most portable.

Ai books are not cheap, but it might be worth it if you learn from it.

Playniax(Posted 2016) [#31]
Little Ignition X source code library update.

A simple educational app for children and an example that shows how to use zooming.

Playniax(Posted 2016) [#32]
Ignition X V2.11 is up!

* Added seperate gui fade properties to engine and playfield: GuiAlphaFade and GuiColorFade
* Added CheckPlayfieldBounds property to gui objects
* Added the latest SKN3 Spine fix
* Fixed iApp not closing app
* Fixed playfield virtual resolution issues and resizing
* Fixed Released and Hit not responding of gui objects in a scroll box
* Fixed slider issues
* Fixed group ghost states

Playniax(Posted 2016) [#33]
I thought it would be nice to share this little preview of a new demo for Ignition X : http://www.playniax.com/SAF/2sorcerers/

It still needs some polishing though...

Player 1 controls : Cursor keys to walk and M to (re)appear or shoot.

Player 2 controls : Keys ZXCV to walk and B to (re)appear or shoot.

The 'game' has some simple AI and is probably most fun to play with 2.

Playniax(Posted 2016) [#34]
Another preview of a demo for Ignition X ( next update! )

http://www.playniax.com/SAF/tablegame/

It was inspired by an old arcade table game I used to play at a friends house. When finished it can be played on an Tablet.
This version is not optimized for HTML5 yet so it could be slow on some hardware.
Best to test it on a desktop computer.

Controls are:

M and Comma to fire/(re)start and cursor keys to control the blue ship.
V and B to fire/(re)start and Z, X and C to control the red ship.

Or you can use the on-screen buttons with mouse / maybe touch.

Playniax(Posted 2017) [#35]
Ignition X is now on itch.io and is now only $39 USD!

Ignition X / Monkey X is still relevant because I consider Pyro 2 / Monkey 2 a work in progress ( although very stable and useable ) and because of the many targets Monkey X supports.

CopperCircle(Posted May) [#36]
Hi, I already have an ignitionX license, where can I re-download it from now? also where can I get the tool that creates collision masks? Thanks.

Pierrou(Posted May) [#37]
I guess all the tools you need can be found here
http://support.playniax.com

I'm using MonkeyX 1 /Mojo1 + Ignition X for my current project and it's all coming along nicely for now.

CopperCircle(Posted May) [#38]
Thanks, I still cant find the tool to make the collision masks that are used in the Spiral demo?

Phil7(Posted May) [#39]
I found something in the folder \bananas\playniax\ignitionx\e01_framework\e09_pixel_collision
But I think you have to compile it using blitzMax somehow ...