Mojo1/Mojo2 Feature Wishlist 2016

Monkey Forums/Monkey Programming/Mojo1/Mojo2 Feature Wishlist 2016

Soap(Posted 2015) [#1]
Any features you wish for Mojo1/Mojo2 going into the next year.

Mojo1 True async loading and playing of music files on all platforms. It's not async right now on targets such as GLFW, but could be made to be so.

nullterm(Posted 2015) [#2]
Ability to "pause" rendering, mainly for mobile battery life. So OnUpdate still gets called looking for input or events, but OnRender doesn't get called until the app/game tells mojo to start rendering again. While "paused" it just keeps displaying the last OnRender result.

nullterm(Posted 2015) [#3]
Cross platform sound from memory int[]. So you can procedurally generate sounds. I'd love to port Sfxr to a Monkey module so you can generate sounds on the fly.

PixelPaladin(Posted 2015) [#4]
Multiplicative blending for mojo1 since it is possible in html5, flash and all the other platforms. It is also not much work to get it in.

Nobuyuki(Posted 2015) [#5]
an object de/serializer that works with brl.json and can maybe solve circular references

nullterm(Posted 2016) [#6]
Save Image/Canvas to PNG.

JaviCervera(Posted 2016) [#7]
Cross platform sound from memory int[]. So you can procedurally generate sounds. I'd love to port Sfxr to a Monkey module so you can generate sounds on the fly.
Oh, please, yes.

GW_(Posted 2016) [#8]
Cross platform sound from memory int[]. So you can procedurally generate sounds.

This!!! 100%!!

SLotman(Posted 2016) [#9]
For me...? XBox one target ^_^

(I spent the day looking this today - didn't get anywhere, but I can't stop thinking how similar a empty sample from XDK and the WinRT target are. Even having update/render/suspend/resume functions!)

PixelPaladin(Posted 2016) [#10]
Some commands for playing videos like in Blitz3D and BlitzPlus – at least for desktop and mobile targets. This would be really useful for intro sequences.

Soap(Posted 2016) [#11]
webm might be good video format to target for that?