Experimental v85e now up! [MONKEYNEWS]

Monkey Forums/Monkey Programming/Experimental v85e now up! [MONKEYNEWS]

marksibly(Posted 2015) [#1]
Hi,

I'm just uploading v85e which contains a few mojo2 tweaks.

You can now draw directly to textures with Canvas, as well as images. This allows you to do things like 'render to bumpmap'. There's a new banana called 'bumptest' that shows how to do this.

Bumpmapping of rotating images was also a bit 'off' in previous versions of mojo2. This has now been fixed, although it will only be 100% correct with uniformly scaled/rotated images (although it's hard to spot the difference in practice). The new bumptest banana also shows corrected bumpmapping in action.

Finally, there's a new SetImageFlags functions that allows you to turn off filtering and/or mipmapping of images globally, ala MOJO_IMAGE_FILTERING=False.

***** v85e *****

Mojo2 tweak: Canvas New/SetRenderTarget param can now be either an Image or a Texture.

Mojo2 tweak: Bump map rotation now taken into account by lighting equations.

Mojo2 addition: Added Image.SetFlagsMask and Image.FlagsMask functions.

Markus(Posted 2015) [#2]
hi mark,
do you have a new Monkey Roadmap? Blog / Link?
Means at what you will working the next months.
Me is just nosy :)

Playniax(Posted 2015) [#3]
Thanks Mark!

Richard Betson(Posted 2015) [#4]
Working great on Win 7 although I have not tried the new features yet. Will test them on Linux.

Difference(Posted 2015) [#5]
Can I just say that mojo2 is devastatingly good!
Every day I work with this, I'm so pleased to see the new DrawIndexedPrimitives() and render to image methods working so well.

I try to do a lot of my fx as vectorgraphics, but when I run into bottlenecks, it's so simple to render a bitmap instead. WITH transparency!

One happy camper.

golomp(Posted 2015) [#6]
Thank you Mark !