Steam Integration

Monkey Forums/Monkey Programming/Steam Integration

Raz(Posted 2015) [#1]
Hi all, so does any one have any experience with Steam integration with their Monkey game? How was the process? I know Crypt of the Necrodancer is on Steam so I know it's possible :D (unless it was ported before release!)

I guess I am talking 1) Getting a game on to steam and 2) Using some of the integrated steam features (Workshop and save syncing).

Cheers!

Salmakis(Posted 2015) [#2]
there is a steam api, you will need to wrap it into monkey i think, depending how much of steam features you want to use this can be a greather task

Raz(Posted 2015) [#3]
Yeah that's what I was wondering about, has anyone any experience (as in done it already) in getting a Monkey project to work with steam.

therevills(Posted 2015) [#4]
Check this out:

http://www.monkey-x.com/Community/posts.php?topic=5463&post=61152

Raz(Posted 2015) [#5]
Nice one thank you, I feel bad for not finding that myself when I searched! (no idea why it didn't show!)

Neuro(Posted 2015) [#6]
I don't think this is actually required as there are many games on Steam that aren't using the API. From what i understand its only needed if you're planning on using Steam features such as achievements and tracking.

Raz(Posted 2015) [#7]
I'm hoping to use it for level sharing and global leaderboards (hopefully!). Me thinks I'll just get the thing running first though :D