MonkeyMax

Monkey Forums/Monkey Programming/MonkeyMax

Raz(Posted 2015) [#1]
Hi all, is MonkeyMax still a thing? Is this the correct location for the most up to date version - https://code.google.com/p/monkey-max/wiki/MonkeyMax ? What's the latest version of Monkey I should use with it?

I'm on Windows 10 and can no longer build XNA projects, this is a bit of a pain because GLFW compiles so slowly it's painful for quick iterations of testing. I'm hoping MonkeyMax might be reasonably fast at compiling because the game just doesn't run well enough via HTML5

Ta!

Nobuyuki(Posted 2015) [#2]
Does the desktop build any faster for you when you disable minGW and use msbuild?

Raz(Posted 2015) [#3]
Hi Nobu, yeah it's a little bit faster thanks, from 16 seconds down to 12, I recall XNA being practically instant (even on an old laptop) so it's a shame it can't be used in Windows 10

therevills(Posted 2015) [#4]
I havent touched MonkeyMax in quite awhile, but karjasoft updated it last year to work with MonkeyX v79e.

It is very fast to compile against.

SLotman(Posted 2015) [#5]
Have you tried compiling more than once with mingw? The first build is slow, but sequential ones, it only rebuilds whatever changed.

I really don't see any problem compiling with mingw...

Raz(Posted 2015) [#6]
Therevills or Karjasoft, how do I go about getting this updated version? Thanks :)

Slotman, yup I have, the time I quoted was the faster time. It's not a real problem but if I can compile faster during testing, I would prefer to do so.

rIKmAN(Posted 2015) [#7]
Have you tried the HTML5 WebGL target?

I was in the same boat where normal HTML5 was way too slow, but the WebGL target compiles quickly and runs great so it saves me loads of time compared to having to use Desktop target or whatever every time I want a quick build and run.

Raz(Posted 2015) [#8]
Oh wow I completely forgot about that, that's perfect :) Half a second compile times and 60fps, perfik! Cheers RIKmAN

I'm using devolonter's Mojo1 implementation

therevills(Posted 2015) [#9]
how do I go about getting this updated version?

Go here and click the zip hyperlink:
https://code.google.com/p/monkey-max/source/browse/