Modified transcc doesn't connect to Jungle

Monkey Forums/Monkey Programming/Modified transcc doesn't connect to Jungle

Peeling(Posted 2015) [#1]
I've been thinking about tinkering with transcc a bit, but the version I compile doesn't behave in quite the same way when used to compile other projects.

At the point where it prints "Building..." it opens a command prompt and outputs all further build information to that instead of the Jungle IDE window. And when the app runs there's no debug output and a forced error just closes the app rather than halting it and showing the debug window.

Any tips as to what I might be missing? I'm compiling transcc.monkey for desktop_game, release.

ImmutableOctet(SKNG)(Posted 2015) [#2]
Compile 'transcc' using the "C++ Tool" (STDCPP) target. And, if you're modifying it, you might want to build it in debug. If it's a debug build, it should be debugged in your IDE (Works with Ted at least). Also keep in mind that running the compiler without command-line arguments will make it output usage information. You should probably either feed it arguments yourself, replace your main executable with it, or add arguments manually to test it.

If it's making a new console-window, then that's probably a quirk with Jungle IDE.

Peeling(Posted 2015) [#3]

Just to be clear: it's projects that I build WITH the modified transcc that don't connect to the debugger. I'll see what happens with those changes.