Mac Monkey-X IDE Options - Mac OS Yosemite±!

Monkey Forums/Monkey Programming/Mac Monkey-X IDE Options - Mac OS Yosemite±!

Amon(Posted 2015) [#1]
Having been spoiled by Blide, then JungleIDE; both Windows IDE's for BlitzMax or Monkey-X; I am on a mac now running Yosemite.

Ive tried Sublime, Atom, TextMate and the standard Monkey-X IDE and I fell down. Ziggy is a talented professional application and game programmer and he has spoiled me rotten with his Blitz/Monkey IDE's.

Is there anything Similar for mac or should I persevere and try to make do without all the bells and whistles modern professional IDE's like BLide and JungleIDE offer?

Don't know if I can though.

Regards,

Shinkiro1(Posted 2015) [#2]
There is no IDE on the Mac, nothing similar to Jungle.

The best editor imo is TextMate with the monkey bundle.
To work really efficiently with it you will have to customize it and learn some shortcuts though.

Pengwin(Posted 2015) [#3]
I use Jentos most of the time for Monkey development, although I also use BBEdit with a language module sometimes.

nullterm(Posted 2015) [#4]
I've been using Ted.

ziggy(Posted 2015) [#5]
I use Jungle on my Mac using Parallels, but it can be setup to work with latest PlayOnMac too. The problem you need to open the code in Ted to get iOS and MacOs desktop compiles. I plan on adding a remote compiling system as I'm willing to use it, so you should be able to compile from Jungle in a VM using the OS specific compiler.

pit(Posted 2015) [#6]
I use Mollusk. It run on Mac.

cheers

pit

Danilo(Posted 2015) [#7]
Yep, Mollusk. Made for MonkeyX.

JaviCervera(Posted 2015) [#8]
I use Ted. Works fine for me.

rebelas(Posted 2015) [#9]
You can buy Mollusk for $10 USD. There is also a discounted bundle version for up to five users. Both versions include free access to all future updates!

Amon(Posted 2015) [#10]
Been messing with Mollusk for the past hour. How is this IDE not worth more and why is it being sold for $10. This could easily be sold for $30-$40.

Anyway... After trying all those I mentioned in my OP, Mollusk with what it can do is now my main IDE for monkeying around when I'm on the iMac.

Thank you for the recommendations guys. It is all appreciated.

MikeHart(Posted 2015) [#11]
How stable is Mollusk? What was the worst bug you have encountered?

skape(Posted 2015) [#12]
I use Mollusk, but Jentos is also good.

I have not been able to get Jungle to work properly on Wine / Crossover, FWIW. Ziggy, I hope your next IDE is X-platform! ;)

TheRedFox(Posted 2016) [#13]
Just bought a copy of Mollusk after working with it on some code.
On the Mac, yes, that's the best solution for a native feel.

I also have JungleIDE which is better for larger projects.

Gave Jentos a shot too but it is crashing often. Jungle does too with autocompletion in some cases (reported).