Function for add icons of our programs

Monkey Forums/Monkey Programming/Function for add icons of our programs

artidomedesX(Posted 2015) [#1]
Monkey and Blitz Max/Blitz3D is cool and simple tools for creating games, but I see one little problem. Setting own/custom icon for our applications. In many tools for making games it is just a few "mouse clicks" or few lines of code. I found on forum (Monkey and BlitzMax forum) tutorials how set icon and it looks a bit complicated and requires a bit of a work/time or we need special program for this.
Please add the function for fast and simple setting icon of our programs made on Monkey-X/Monkey2.
For example:

SetDeskopApplicationIcon ("mygamefolder/icon.ico") - for windows exe file

SetAndroidApplicationIcon ("mygamefolder/icon.ico") - for android app (At this moment i have free version - deskop/html of Monkey so i'm not sure there is "icon function" for android applications)
etc.

I bought BlitzMax and Blitz3D few years ago and i will buy Monkey-X (Now I work on free - Deskop/html version), but please add this function on Monkey-X and Monkey2 (In future) and will be really nice :)

Greetings!

PS: I didn't know where write this post, so I wrote in few forums. Sorry for the spam.

Salmakis(Posted 2015) [#2]
Hey, this would not be that easy to archieve, since every target got ist own System how to implement an Icon/Symbol for the app/Programm.
as for Android in example you have to provide like 3 or 4 Images (.png) for differend Resolution types (ldpi, mdpi,hdpi) aswell as you Need to have your Images in an .ico file for Windows, where maybe a Linux or even windows8 phone Environment (afaik) canĀ“t handle.
The best actual way i know s to go into the build Folder after you build it the first time and replace the Icon file there, or replace it in the target Folder.
dunno if it works for all Targets...