More exciting news

Monkey Forums/Monkey Programming/More exciting news

Playniax(Posted 2015) [#1]
Hi,

I guess most of you know about Mojo2 by now!

So I am happy to announce that we are simultaneously working on the successor to Ignition X.

It will support all the cool new features of Mojo2 and most of the original Ignition X features plus more.

Development started around the same time as Mojo2 and should be ‘finished’ around the same time.

Basically it was build from the ground up so it benefits greatly from this!

This does mean that it will not be compatible with its predecessor but people who have worked with Ignition X will not have a problem adjusting to it because of the countless improvements.

Now we are still debating over the name, license details and pricing etc. but I wanted to share this exiting news with you all.

The framework will be available for Monkey 1 and we intend to port it to Monkey 2!

More news and details will follow soon!

Cheers!

Neuro(Posted 2015) [#2]

Playniax(Posted 2015) [#3]
We have chosen a name for our new framework and the name is... Pyro

And here is a simple little teaser demo to show Pyro at work using Mojo 2

You need a WebGL enabled browser!

Soap(Posted 2015) [#4]
Awesome!

Skn3(Posted 2015) [#5]
Innnnttterrressttttttinnnggggg!

Leo Santos(Posted 2015) [#6]
Great!
But I thought Monkey2 wouldn't export to HTML5, does that mean it will support WebGL + HTML5?

Playniax(Posted 2015) [#7]
On Monkey 1 it will export to the Monkey 1 targets and on Monkey 2 it will export to the Monkey 2 targets.

So only on Monkey 1 to WebGL + HTML5

skape(Posted 2015) [#8]
Awesome! :)

tiresius(Posted 2015) [#9]
This is great news.
I hope Pyro has a steep discount for existing Ignition owners.

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2015) [#10]
Playnix, can you do that demo again but with max number of light sources ? I think I read 4? and display fps etc just to give us an idea of performance speeds?

Playniax(Posted 2015) [#11]
I will post an update later today with > 4 lights :)

marksibly(Posted 2015) [#12]
...also, the lighting WILL get faster - it currently uses a pretty full-on per-pixel bump/specular shader with lots of per pixel normalizing (based on some PBR experiments I was doing a while back) that is probably overkill for most 2d!

There are #defines to enable and disable various features in the mega shader, and I'll be add more 'faster' options to these in the future.

k.o.g.(Posted 2015) [#13]
Is it possible to print out some debug infos?
on my windows phone, the demos doesn't work :(

Playniax(Posted 2015) [#14]
@k.o.g. : Mojo 2 is only for GL compatible targets, ie: desktop, ios, android and html5

Like Mark said, it will get faster but here is a little update with 8 lights.

k.o.g.(Posted 2015) [#15]
Windows Phone 8.1 has WebGL Support ;)

this one works fine https://developer.mozilla.org/de/demos/detail/xnajs-2d-lighting-normal-mapped/launch

tiresius(Posted 2015) [#16]
What are the max light limitations? I don't just mean fast (hardware supported?) lights, but lights in general.
I don't know anything about lights, but I know specular mapping stuff looks really cool.

Neuro(Posted 2015) [#17]
Oooh...very purty.

skape(Posted 2015) [#18]
Even the 8 light version runs silky smooth for me. Nice.

marksibly(Posted 2015) [#19]
> What are the max light limitations?

If you use canvas directly to do lighting, max lights is 4.

If you use the renderer system (a bit trickier - you will need to implement ILayer and ILight interfaces), there is no limit but each batch of 4 lights will require a separate pass.