Setting the build folder?

Monkey Forums/Monkey Programming/Setting the build folder?

Peeling(Posted 2015) [#1]
Sorry if this is a terribly dumb question, but I can't find any mention anywhere of how to configure which folder Monkey builds into. It's a bit inconvenient having it placed in newfile.buildv80c within the code folder. I'd much rather be able to point it at a builds folder outside the project path, if only to make it less laborious to commit code changes and builds to source control independently of one another.

Thanks!

Shagwana(Posted 2015) [#2]
I do not think you can change the path of the build folder.

One way you can help solve this issue is to use a launcher stub...

Import include.example
Function Main:Int()
	New Game_c
	Return 0
End Function

Then in include/example.monkey you have the class Game_c. This then help keeps builds folders one level deeper then most source code.

If your using a source control system like git, you can make it ignore *.build* folders (then they do not show up in the commits)

Peeling(Posted 2015) [#3]
Yeah; I was hoping to get the build folder out from the source hierarchy entirely.

I can make source control ignore the build folder - but then I can't commit the latest build when I need to. Conversely when I want to copy the source folder somewhere (just don't ask; Mac/XCode source control problems) it drags the PC, IOS, Android and Windows Phone builds across too, unless I delete them or move them temporarily out of the way. It's just a bit of grit in the gears.