Build script/command?

Monkey Forums/Monkey Programming/Build script/command?

nullterm(Posted 2015) [#1]
Just curious if there'd be a way to have a script execute during a Monkey/Ted/Trans build? So everytime I hit F5, the game is automagically built with the latest data files (if the source files reside outside their X.data directory).

I use python scripts to compile/copy data files as part of the game build process. In this case, place into the X.data direcory/

Right now I do it manually, but would make life easier. Also possibly use it for generated .monkey code. I also use this as a VisStudio makefile vcproj and Xcode run script.

skape(Posted 2015) [#2]
Dunno about from the IDE, but I suppose you could create a shell script to do the whole build for you (not quite as convenient as F5 ;))...

Fryman(Posted 2015) [#3]
Could you not modify trans to do it? I think there is an execute method on transcc.monkey

ziggy(Posted 2015) [#4]
In Jungle Ide you can create and define prebuild scripts quite easily http://manual.jungleide.com/solutions/define-pre-build-commands/

nullterm(Posted 2015) [#5]
ziggy, most of my dev is done on my MacBook these days. : /

But that's almost exactly what I'm looking for.

Fryman(Posted 2015) [#6]
Currently adding it to Jentos, I don't have a mac however so I wont be able to compile it, the source will available for you or any other kind mac developer to compile. Probably get time to finish it off over this week for the weekend.

Although finding a way to run Jungle is probably the better choice as they aint even in the same league.