Monkey X Studio! [MONKEY NEWS]

Monkey Forums/Monkey Programming/Monkey X Studio! [MONKEY NEWS]

marksibly(Posted 2015) [#1]
Hi,

We have just added a new product bundle to the 'store' page.

Called 'Monkey X Studio', it includes Monkey X Pro, Ignition and the Jungle IDE. NOTE: Jungle IDE is Windows only so this bundle may not be of interest to you if you are a strictly Mac/Linux developer.

For users who recently bought the Ignition bundle, we are also offering a special deal to allow you to upgrade to Monkey X Studio for 65USD. Please contact support@... with your Ignition bundle registration code for more information.

Qube(Posted 2015) [#2]
Is the Jungle IDE version the "Jungle IDE Starter" or "Jungle IDE Lifetime"?

ziggy(Posted 2015) [#3]
Qube, it's Lifetime.

Let me explain a little more:

This bundle updates are handle from the Monkey-X site, and it work the same way as in regular Jungle Ide, the IDE will detect new versions automatically, and allow you to download them and install them automatically too. The difference is that the version of Jungle Ide included in this bundle will also include the compiler, ignition modules, fontmachine modules and editor etc and will update them when required too. So it's also a time saver and makes setting up the whole Monkey X Studio bundle a breeze.
So sumarize: There's a new fix on Ignition? Monkey X Studio will install the fix. There's a new stable Monkey X compiler version? An update will be available when you start the IDE, etc.

therevills(Posted 2015) [#4]
How did I miss this thread!? It really needs to stand out more!

What about including this in the next release too:
http://www.monkey-x.com/Community/posts.php?topic=8519

Or did Jungle get updated to automatically do this too... (sorry its been awhile since I last used Jungle, currently on a BMax project).

Pierrou(Posted 2015) [#5]
Will people already using MonkeyX + Ignition X + Jungle IDE be able to switch to Monkey X Studio?

Playniax(Posted 2015) [#6]
@therevills: I agree, it needs to stand out more! Maybe the BlitzMax and Monkey home page?! Simon? Mark? :)

@Pierrou: I have just asked this question 'internally'.

Why0Why(Posted 2015) [#7]
I own all 3 and I would be interested in having everything update automatically as well.

ziggy(Posted 2015) [#8]
Or did Jungle get updated to automatically do this too
Yes, it's been a while since Jungle Ide can do that too, using some wizards. This functionality is also available on the free lite version of Jungle Ide.

tiresius(Posted 2015) [#9]
I am also a triple-crown winner, owning all 3.
And if there is some benefit to easier updating of Monkey modules, I'm all for it !

GC-Martijn(Posted 2015) [#10]
having a mac :( can't use the Jungle IDE. maybe I can use wine or something to run it. (don't want to use virtualbox things for this)

ziggy(Posted 2015) [#11]
You can use Parallels to run Jungle Ide (I use it on my Mac). Jungle Ide is compatible with Retina displays when used from Parallels on a Mac, and performance has been addapted to make it possible. I use it like this every day!

Danilo(Posted 2015) [#12]
Wouldn't it make sense to bundle MonkeyX with cross-platform JentosIDE? It is free and OpenSource - a big enhancement of TED, and it is a start
for even more enhancements.

Unfortunately I didn't see a single comment by Mark about this TED enhancing project. Just wondering.

ziggy(Posted 2015) [#13]
Hello, a new update of Monkey X Studio is available!

For more details see: http://www.monkey-x.com/Community/posts.php?topic=5108&post=100217

Playniax(Posted 2015) [#14]
Good job!

Hero(Posted 2015) [#15]
Hi,

i use the monkey x studio bundle right now. I was wondering if you plan to integrate pyro-x into jungle ide (automatic updates, solution templetes, documentation) in the future, and how as a monkey x studio user i could get that all working in case i purchase pyro-x.

Thanks

Playniax(Posted 2015) [#16]
I was wondering if you plan to integrate pyro-x into jungle ide (automatic updates, solution templetes, documentation) in the future

The solutions and templates I could make in the near future so you can open them from within Studio. The docs are the monkey docs so those should already be there.

About 'integration', there are currently no plans on this yet so I would need to talk with Ziggy and possibly Mark about that.

Hero(Posted 2015) [#17]
Sounds good. Keep me updated :)

In regards to the documentation, do I understand you correctly that when I add the pyro-x module and then choose update module database, the jungle ide will update the local copy of the documentation @ file:///C:/Users/<Username>/Documents/Monkey X Studio/MonkeyX/MonkeyXPro84c/docs/html/Modules.html and include a little button next to the ignition-x button in the html file?

Thanks

Playniax(Posted 2015) [#18]
the jungle ide will update the local copy of the documentation

Yes, but you need at least monkey v84a installed but Studio can install that automatically...

ziggy(Posted 2015) [#19]
By the way, Monkey X studio package has just been updated. It'll auto download latest Monkey X stable version and latest Ignition X v2.07 release and setup them for you automagically.

Hope you find it useful!

Why0Why(Posted 2015) [#20]
Hey Ziggy, I have asked this before with no answer. I own all of these products, is there a way to get updated to the Studio version for ease of updating?

ziggy(Posted 2015) [#21]
@Why0Why: I have some free codes. Please send me all your license numbers (ignition, monkey and jungle) and I'll check them all with Mark and Tony and if everything's ok, I'll give you a Monkey X Studio license.

Playniax(Posted 2015) [#22]
@Ziggy: Just check with Mark, Why0Why has all our Monkey stuff! :)

navyRod(Posted 2016) [#23]
This would be great to be able to have them all as well
Not only do I have all 3 but I have purchased all of Marks stuff Blitz, BlitzMax Blitz3d,

Is it possible to to get this swapped over to the bundle ?

Thanks Rod

ziggy(Posted 2016) [#24]
Update available!

Monkey X Studio 16.06-22-A
* Updated compiler to latest Monkey X compiler v85e
* Updated to latest Ignition X Update 2.10
* Fixed GUI rendering problems on font selection on settings window
* Background compiler could cause an unexpected exception when a solution was being closed and background compilation was still being performed
* Removed internal debug messages from the Jungle Ide console window
* Improved auto completion of language specific keywords in a way they're much more case insensitive friendly

therevills(Posted 2016) [#25]
Hey Ziggy, thanks for the update.

What is the future for Jungle IDE in regards to Monkey2?

ziggy(Posted 2016) [#26]
I still plan on adding it but the complexity of the language makes it hard to give a date. I would like to take the chance to rewrite lots of areas of current Monkey parser so it plays nicer with generics. Not sure when it'll be ready, but I won't be able to show anything usable until october more or less

jensknaack(Posted 2017) [#27]
Hello,

I just have bought Monkey X Studio. It is 15.07.07-A.

For me it is not possible to update the die (Version 16.06.22-A).
The Product Key for Monkey X Studio is not accepted at jungleide.com.

Can someone help?

Thank you very much.

Jens

ziggy(Posted 2017) [#28]
Hello jensknaak,

In Monkey-x Studio, you do not need to register using username and activation code, but username and password from Monkey-x.com as the updates server is Monkey-X.com.

So it sohuld be something like:

* username: jensknaack
* password: *********** <-- here your monkey-x.com password.

jensknaack(Posted 2017) [#29]
Thats it.

Thank you very much!!