What is up with my Mac?

Monkey Forums/Monkey Programming/What is up with my Mac?

skid(Posted 2014) [#1]
Completely out of the blue, the itunes icon is now an error signalling red color and monkey is reporting this when I try and run my glfw builds:

application requires at least Mac OS X version 10.10.0 (10.10), but is being run on 10.9.5 ( 10.9.5/13F34), and so is exiting.

skid(Posted 2014) [#2]
OK, new Xcode or monkeyX has the "OSX Deployment Target" set to 10.10 which seems a bit bleeding edge for me.

X X X

Lugato(Posted 2014) [#3]
Hi Skid,
I have the same errors here, the problem was caused, in may case, by a update of xcode from 5.1.1 to xcode 6.1. With the update, when I'll build a Desktop (GLFW) game, the xcode are using the parameter "-mmacosx-version-min=10.10" with xcodebuild, that set the minimum Mac OSX version to run the game in 10.10, the problem is that my Mac OSX version is 10.9.5.

The manner that I was fixed the problem is:

1- Download the xcode 5.1.1: https://developer.apple.com/downloads/index.action?name=Xcode
2- Create a folder in Application called : Xcode5.1.1
3 - When will install xcode 5.1.1, drag the Xcode folder to the folder that was created in step 2
4- Create 2 bash's:
xcode6.sh

xcode5.sh

The xcode-select command permit to switch the xcode path and update the system reference to new location.

You can check which version you are using with:

Now when you need to build something with xcode 6, only call the command "xcode6.sh" and if you need to build with xcode 5.1.1, call "xcode5.sh".

I hope this can solve your problem :)

graffaele(Posted 2014) [#4]
I have the same problem. I downloaded xcode 5.1.1 and I modified xcode-select to make it point to xcode 5.1.1 instead of xcode 6 but the problem is not solved: Monkey X continues to using the parameter "-mmacosx-version-min=10.10" with xcodebuild. Have you other solutions?

bmorearty(Posted 2015) [#5]
There is no need to download another version of Xcode. Here's how to change your Monkey X project to target a non-bleeding-edge version of OS X. (I did this in the Ted editor but similar steps will work with other editors.)

1. In the <yourprojectname>.build directory, right-click on the glfw/xcode/MonkeyGame.xcodeproj directory and choose "Open on Desktop." This will open the project in Xcode.

2. Click "MonkeyGame" in the far left hand column, then click the "Build Settings" tab.

3. The first section should be called "Architectures." In that section, on the "Base SDK" row, change "Latest OS X (10.10)" to "OS X 10.9".

Then Quit Xcode and rebuild your Monkey X project.

If you ever delete the .build directory, you'll have to redo these steps.

Danilo(Posted 2015) [#6]
Wouldn't it be better to modify: "MonkeyX/targets/glfw/template/xcode/MonkeyGame.xcodeproj",
so you don't need to do it again after deleting the build directory?

skid(Posted 2015) [#7]
I think it is best to not change Base SDK and rather change OSX Deployment target.