Is Monkey compliant with Yosemite/XCode 6?

Monkey Forums/Monkey Programming/Is Monkey compliant with Yosemite/XCode 6?

GfK(Posted 2014) [#1]
As the topic title, really! Betas seem to have been doing the rounds for a while so just wondering if Monkey is up to speed.

GfK(Posted 2014) [#2]
Nobody??!

Qube(Posted 2014) [#3]
I have a partition on my iMac with Yosemite DP 3 (genuine Apple developer) with Xcode 6 beta - I can test a monkey project with the iPhone simulator if that's of any use?

I've not put iOS beta on my phones / iPads yet so I can't test directly on the device.

GfK(Posted 2014) [#4]
No need to go out of your way. Was just wondering as these Apple updates tend to break everything, everywhere and I'm sort of floating between pursuing Unity or Monkey or something else just now. Kind of building a list of pros/cons.

Qube(Posted 2014) [#5]
It appears to work fine under the current Yosemite DP4 and Xcode 6 beta compiling for iOS8. I could only test in the simulator though.

I did have to issue the command in Terminal below as it couldn't find the installed command line tools (they were installed).

sudo xcode-select -switch /Applications/Xcode6-beta.app/Contents/Developer

Now onto a resized screen shot :)

GfK(Posted 2014) [#6]
What's the sudo thing actually do?

(Windows fanboi - no clue whatsoever on Linux/Mac terminal tomfoolery)

Qube(Posted 2014) [#7]

It tells OSX where the active Xcode Developer Directory is.

dawlane(Posted 2014) [#8]

It tells OSX where the active Xcode Developer Directory is.

sudo doesn't. xcode-select does. ;-)
sudo (substitute user do) allows a user to have permitted elevated privileges defined by a system administrator in the sudoers list.

Qube(Posted 2014) [#9]
sudo doesn't. xcode-select does. ;-)
sudo (substitute user do) allows a user to have permitted elevated privileges defined by a system administrator in the sudoers list.

Hello Mr Pedantic :p - I think GfK was referring to the line as a whole rather than one keyword.