Experimental v80b now up! [MONKEY NEWS]

Monkey Forums/Monkey Programming/Experimental v80b now up! [MONKEY NEWS]

marksibly(Posted 2014) [#1]
Hi,

[edit]v80b now up.[/edit]

Experimental v80a is now up, featuring some tweaks to glfw monkey://blah/ file path handling:

* You can now get glfw to use per-user app data storage for monkey://internal/ files. To do this, you must set #GLFW_APP_LABEL (and optionally #GLFW_APP_PUBLISHER), eg:

GLFW_APP_LABEL="Defenderoids"
GLFW_APP_PUBLISHER="Blitz Research Ltd"

* If you have set #GLFW_APP_LABEL, SaveState and LoadState will use the file monkey://internal/.monkeystate to save app state.

* monkey://blah/ dirs are no longer cwd relative, ie: you can ChangeDir and they'll still work.

***** v80b *****
Fixed android_new 'sdk not found' admob issue - moved some google-player-services_lib config files to 'templates' dir.

Fixed trans Next [varname] issue where varname was being ignored.

Transcc android builders now preserve parent dir name when copying android #LIBS files from "x86", "mips", "armeabi" and "armeabi-v7a" dirs.

Fixed misspelling of MANIFEST as MAINFEST in transcc android builders!

Merged some pull requests: Internal android ActivityDelegate class now handles onNewIntent, and android brl.filesystem CopyFile() now handles src files in monkey://data/

***** v80a *****

Changed glfw monkey://internal/ to point to local per-user app data location. App must set #GLFW_APP_LABEL (and optionally #GLFW_APP_PUBLISHER) for this to work. App data location on windows is: $APPDATA\GLFW_APP_PUBLISHER\GLFW_APP_LABEL; on linux: $HOME/.config/GLFW_APP_PUBLISHER/GLFW_APP_LABEL; on macos, $HOME/Library/Application Support/GLFW_APP_PUBLISHER/GLFW_APP_LABEL. If #GLFW_APP_PUBLISHER is not set, it's not used.

Changed glfw LoadState/SaveState to use monkey://internal/.monkeystate if #GLFW_APP_LABEL is set.

Made glfw target monkey://data/ etc dir locations absolute, not CD relative.

Removed local.properties file from googleplay lib in android_new target template. Seems to use 'app' local.properties file instead OK.

Fixed glfw joystick button code with <12 buttons.

Nobuyuki(Posted 2014) [#2]
killer. This will make it easier to be UAC-compliant.

Soap(Posted 2014) [#3]
Thank you for this update. With PathToFilePath it should be easier to save any sort of data for projects in the right spot easily on each target.

Skn3(Posted 2014) [#4]
Awesome :D

golomp(Posted 2014) [#5]
Thank you Mark !

Sub_Zero(Posted 2014) [#6]
Good work :)

Arjailer(Posted 2014) [#7]
Thanks!

Fred(Posted 2014) [#8]
Thanks Mark,
the "local per-user app data location" is very welcome as I'm working on a tool (glfw) that is located on a network shared disk. LoadState/SaveState is used to save user setup so it should work as it's meant now.
But there is something I don't get or it doesn't work.
"If you have set #GLFW_APP_LABEL, SaveState and LoadState will use the file monkey://internal/.monkeystate to save app state."
If I set #GLFW_APP_LABEL the SaveState .monkeystate file is save to the place where the tool.exe is + /internal/.monkeystate. (before .monkeystate was at the same level than tool.exe)
But as you said: "You can now get glfw to use per-user app data storage for monkey://internal/ files. To do this, you must set #GLFW_APP_LABEL"
so I thought .monkeystate would be saved to c:\users\Fred\AppData\Roaming\GLFW_APP_LABEL\.monkeystate but it's not ? the tool.exe file is run from another disk than the local user disk. I didn't try it locally, I'm about to do so...

Fred(Posted 2014) [#9]
Same behavior, with everything on C drive. (And if there is no /internal dir below the .exe file, .monkeystate is not saved at all.)
(right expected behavior without #GLFW_APP_LABEL: .monkeystate is saved beside the .exe)

SLotman(Posted 2014) [#10]
Moved from 77f to 80b...cant compile anything on android now :(

BUILD FAILED
C:\android-sdk\tools\ant\build.xml:713: The following error occurred while executing this line:
C:\android-sdk\tools\ant\build.xml:727: Error running javac.exe compiler

Compiling with 77f works without changing anything... ?!

therevills(Posted 2014) [#11]
cant compile anything on android now

Have you updated your config file?

SLotman(Posted 2014) [#12]
Have you updated your config file?

Yup, first thing I did before posting here.