Data not copied correctly

Monkey Forums/Monkey Programming/Data not copied correctly

PhillipK(Posted 2014) [#1]
Heyho,

after upgrading monkey (MonkeyXPro78h) and finally getting my GLFW target to work again, i run into a big issue.
Most of my binary files aren't copied at all.
I've made some binaryfiles for my leveldatas and gave them the extension ".bin".
After some tests under Html5 i tried a working Desktop version (GLFW) and just got an error (file not found).
So i tried XNA as well to run into the same issue - file not found. They are simply not copied. Strange enough that other binary files are copied like expected - also with different extensions ( like a b3d file for minib3d or and *.obj as well). After that, i tried to rename the file - ending ".b3d" - worked. Copied as expected.

Well, i really dont understand why some files / extensions are copied and some not. Is there any flag that i miss? In the past it worked like a charm (i dont know which monkey version that was) and i have re-installed my os since then two times.

Tried so far:
- Adding several endings to "#BINARY_FILES" and "#TEXT_FILES"
- Setting up mingw again / checking all path's
- Running the ide as administrator
- Another project without minib3d
- Switching back to Monkay 75d
- Recreate the files

Any ideas?

therevills(Posted 2014) [#2]
The standard files which are copied over from your data folder are txt, xml and json. To add others you need this line near the top of your file:
#TEXT_FILES="*.txt|*.xml|*.json|*.bin"

PhillipK(Posted 2014) [#3]
Hey therevills,

thanks for your reply. Unfortunatly is it one of the first things that i've added and tried in my project (i usually set these flags inside my project rather then changing each target)

#BINARY_FILES="*.bin|*.dat|*.b3d|*.fnt|*.maz"
#TEXT_FILES="*.txt|*.xml|*.json|*.obj|*.mtl"

thats what i've ended up with.
My current workarround is that i use ".b3d" as the extension, that seems to work. But its really annyoing :>
b3d gets copied, bin, fnt, maz not.

So far i haven't found any other ideas here :( It looks like iam the only one with this error.
Maybe i should consider another re-installation of monkey as an option.

therevills(Posted 2014) [#4]
That's very odd... so it works with HTML5 but not GLFW and XNA?

marksibly(Posted 2014) [#5]
Sample code?

This works fine here with a dummy test.bin in the blah.data dir:

PhillipK(Posted 2014) [#6]
Unfortunenatly, i cant reproduce this error in a new project. So i had another look arround and looked for "#BINARY_FILES"

Well, i guess i found the "bug" now, and its more an organisation problem of the imports.

This
#BINARY_FILES+="*.maz"
#BINARY_FILES+="*.bin|*.dat|*.b3d|*.fnt|*.asd"

worked, when trying to load an "*.asd" file, but this

#BINARY_FILES+="*.maz"
#BINARY_FILES="*.bin|*.dat|*.b3d|*.fnt|*.asd"
not.

It looks like it is still possible to add elements to a compiler const, but its not overrideable.. Dumb that i make this error >.<
I will have a quick look if it works in my main project, too. If so, i should just stay with "+=" per file instead of a project internal setting.

Edit:

Yes, it works in the main project, too.
Well, i feel very dumb now, sorry for bothering >.<

But, can someone explains it to me? I thought that these compilerflags are only one time writeable - why are they expandable?